Interface: Friends and Foes list unique to each character

Suggestions the development team sees as having value for future content.
cat

Interface: Friends and Foes list unique to each character

Post by cat »

Feature that allows you to add a character as Friend or Foe. Lists are unique to each character.

When encountering a character from either list, an icon (probably in the same area as Sense Morality) indicates if they are listed as a Friend or Foe. If unlisted, no icon is shown as there is no neutral list.

Feature could include a short note as to why character was added.
Number listed characters could be limited to avoid excessive use.

I think this feature could be a simple way to help prevent IC/OOC bleed. Having an accessible reference encourages responses are kept in character and would be particularly useful for players with multiple characters as a quick way to check this.

"Don't Factions already have this?" Faction experience isn't always character experience; bizarre friendships and beefs can and do happen across faction lines.
SignedName

Re: Interface: Friends and Foes list unique to each character

Post by SignedName »

Isn't this something that the Pad feature can be used to keep track of? At least the notes part. I do think a "Person of Interest" marker could be useful though.
Meric

Post by Meric »

+1 for positive feral play experience. I already sort of do this in my head and on the pad. But having an in char system would be great.

However, I wouldnt necessarily want to see a notes component, just a simple IFF notification.
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)
cat

Post by cat »

SignedName wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:33 am Isn't this something that the Pad feature can be used to keep track of? At least the notes part. I do think a "Person of Interest" marker could be useful though.
While the pad could be used for this, I was thinking the note from F/F List could pop up on hover of Friend/Foe icon. But it's certainly a secondary part of the feature.
cat

Post by cat »

Meric wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:39 am +1 for positive feral play experience. I already sort of do this in my head and on the pad. But having an in char system would be great.

However, I wouldnt necessarily want to see a notes component, just a simple IFF notification.
In B4 I attempted to keep manual lists but with all the new faces in B5 (and the sheer number of cats I have, aaaaaa) I've had to give up on that.
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

prol be nice as social boosting mechanic ye, get +promoted and toted
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).