Set friends/foes on a personal level

Suggestions the development team sees as having value for future content.
NearNihil

Set friends/foes on a personal level

Post by NearNihil »

Like it says on the tin, allow characters to designate others as friendly, neutral or hostile. Personal settings override factional ones and the end result is used to display the other characters' color in the characters part of the description pane, as well as what they're listed as in dropdowns and the logic pets use.

Sometimes I'd like to keep track of who my characters interact with on a more personal level than nothing it down in a text file. Also helps with steering pets to a degree.
Don't like someone but can't be bothered to do the dirty work yourself? Hire RED!
Want something but can't be bothered making it yourself? Buy from PIMCO!
Kandarin

Re: Set friends/foes on a personal level

Post by Kandarin »

I think this is something everyone wants, the only obstacle has been technical due to the challenge of taking on pet code.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Fellis
Site Admin

Re: Set friends/foes on a personal level

Post by Fellis »

I think it might be worth trying to implement this as a purely cosmetic thing so people can mark random unfactioned characters or members of "non-aggression pact" factions as hostile based on their interactions with them. Just need to be clear that marking someone hostile will not aggro pets and it's a good first step.

promote