Change day to night and vice versa

Suggestions the development team sees as having value for future content.
Khaze

Change day to night and vice versa

Post by Khaze »

Since terraforming has become a thing with some classes able to raise mountains, I feel there should also be ways to turn day to night, or night to day.

My chief complaint is the age old complication to raids from having to facilitate revenants and their allergy to sunlight. It is nice flavor and should be cherished, but it has a distinct negative impact on the already troublesome task of organizing people across timezones. So my first justification for this is quality of life.

Secondo, and this ties in to preserving the abovementioned flavor, is the sheer awesomeness of it all.

Pyroshroom on Discord suggested that the Dark Priesthood skill could be one candidate for doing this. Imagine a scenario where, as the enemy arrives at the gates, you see the skies darken and you know the time of blood and steel is at hand. The Dark Oppressor has called forth his vassals and all the hell's demons are here to feast on you!

Another candidates might be the fog generated by Elementalist's Water Adept. Smoke grenades maybe, as well.

As for bringing light to dark places, Holy Champion's Holy Radiance might be a candidate, as well as Advocate's Intense Halo.

This is to say, there are obviously options and low hanging fruit for implementing such things. How long would these effects last? Depending on what caused it, from minutes to hours I would imagine. Bringing daylight for a few hours to libraries or other resource points might be desirable, as well as waging war on your enemies by drowning their resource points in darkness.
Kandarin

Re: Change day to night and vice versa

Post by Kandarin »

Promote. There's several avenues of skills this could get attached to.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes