Way of Earth gives soak

Past suggestions that have been incorporated into the live game.
Warharan

Re: Way of Earth gives soak

Post by Warharan »

I can imagine that if a (super) high def ES is not somehow remedied that 50% resistance is too much.
(despite not stackable with other armours/potions)
Note that my avatar is merely the coat of arms of the city where I live.
But feel free to add additional meaning to that.
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

25% def es (finally ran into a +def one!)

70% acc sword attacks

- (4 times) You attack Cassius Casablanca with your Saber and miss. They reflexively lashed out with a kick! You take 6 points of impact damage! (2022-01-16 20:24:22).
- You attack Cassius Casablanca with your Saber and hit for 7 points of slashing damage. You started a combination attack! They reflexively lashed out with a kick! You take 6 points of impact damage! You gain 9 XP. (2022-01-16 20:24:23).
- (3 times) You attack Cassius Casablanca with your Saber and miss. They reflexively lashed out with a kick! You take 6 points of impact damage! (2022-01-16 20:24:28).
- You attack Cassius Casablanca with your Saber and hit for 7 points of slashing damage. You started a combination attack! They reflexively lashed out with a kick! You take 6 points of impact damage! You gain 9 XP. (2022-01-16 20:24:30).

stopped because next attack would've been fatal

riot armor/impact chonts would basically be mandatory vs these with good flat soak hum, finicky situation..
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
cat

Post by cat »

It's worth mentioning the CP investment for a max Def/Whirlwind build is not small and there are plenty of ways to get around it.

Also while this gets figured out could I please get a refund for Way of Earth on Lazy cat? When I grabbed the skill it was wiki'd as armor. Thanks.
sohdbrimks

Post by sohdbrimks »

So the new WoE compared to old one seens to be like this:

new WoE: bad
old WoE: average
new WoE + armor: great

So this new WoE seens to reward factioned characters/big factions and penalize ferals/small factions, which I'll say again, goes completely against the concept of the class being for beginners/casuals.

Honestly my suggestion is to bring the old WoE back, if you guys have other ideas about increasing resistance or things like that, maybe it's better if you make another thread. This thread is for WoE to give SOAK like the good old days.
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

sohdbrimks wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:58 pm Honestly my suggestion is to bring the old WoE back, if you guys have other ideas about increasing resistance or things like that, maybe it's better if you make another thread. This thread is for WoE to give SOAK like the good old days.
We should have a new thread for each new suggestion people have about WoE?
Uhh, I think I'm gonna ignore this one as backseat modding.
cat

Post by cat »

If the big concern with the amount of mundane soaks in the old soak style WoE, might be worth tuning that rather than throwing out the whole soak idea. With oils etc making various damage types more accessible it could be moved around.
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

cat wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:45 pm If the big concern with the amount of mundane soaks in the old soak style WoE, might be worth tuning that rather than throwing out the whole soak idea. With oils etc making various damage types more accessible it could be moved around.
oils are the exact opposite of damage types being more accessible

the norm was woe was a weak armor before because most incoming attacks are elemental because chonts override type

so you compare that to tattoo of resistance's elemental emphasis and that was pretty 'welp, 'least i got +hp'

now physical weapons deal physical damage and virtually all weapons are physical so running into woe's heavy physical soak emphasis will hit them harder than ever before, it's exactly the scenario woe was designed for only es got megabuffed which is an issue because it lost so little for gaining an extreme amount when it was already overstatted because no aura
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).