Allow visiting allied factions

Past suggestions that have been incorporated into the live game.
Haweh

Allow visiting allied factions

Post by Haweh »

When two factions have mutually flagged each other as "friendly", allow characters in the allied factions to enter the stronghold of the other faction (without bashing the ward), as if they were a member.

If possible, extending this functionality to "allow any non hostile to enter", maybe with the ability to specifically flag certain characters as hostile would be great support for merchant factions (I'm lookin at you tem).

Possible abuse case I can see off the top of my head for this is a raiding faction having all of its raiders bypass the ward then flag hostile, but then they would be subjected to the 1AP/HP drain per costly action due to being inside an SH with an active ward. Maybe kick all of that factions members outside when they flag to hostile?
Nova

Re: Allow visiting allied factions

Post by Nova »

+1

Would help the nexus feel like less of a cold and lonely place where your only interaction is murder.
littleglassflowers

Post by littleglassflowers »

+1; I'm more interested in randomly spreading snippets of RP to people, and I know sometimes when you knock on a ward a bit too hard, people assume the worst.
Repth

Post by Repth »

I think this, in some form or other, has generally been desired for a while. +1.
kylinn

Post by kylinn »

"For a while" including all the way back to the original Nexus when factions would drop the wards for visitors and then raise them again. Changed mechanics in Clash make that impossible (changed for a good reason), but this would be a cool idea.

Three suggestions to modify the original idea:

1. To prevent abuse, if someone enters with this option, they would not be able to cap the flag of the SH they are visiting, even if they then leave the faction they entered under, until after they have left and re-entered.

2. Faction Leaders can set the level of friendliness of visitors they want to allow, similarly to the way pet stances are set.

3. Give the option to all factions; do not make it a Renown upgrade. Reason: the larger factions would be more able to buy this as an upgrade, especially at first, and they are the ones who already have more people in the SH to interact with, whereas the smaller factions could really use the boosted RP possibilities from visiting.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

kylinn wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:35 pm "For a while" including all the way back to the original Nexus when factions would drop the wards for visitors and then raise them again. Changed mechanics in Clash make that impossible (changed for a good reason), but this would be a cool idea.

Three suggestions to modify the original idea:

1. To prevent abuse, if someone enters with this option, they would not be able to cap the flag of the SH they are visiting, even if they then leave the faction they entered under, until after they have left and re-entered.

2. Faction Leaders can set the level of friendliness of visitors they want to allow, similarly to the way pet stances are set.

3. Give the option to all factions; do not make it a Renown upgrade. Reason: the larger factions would be more able to buy this as an upgrade, especially at first, and they are the ones who already have more people in the SH to interact with, whereas the smaller factions could really use the boosted RP possibilities from visiting.
+1 to the original idea
+1 to the suggested ammends
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

This is a long-term goal, though dev interpretations of how to do it vary. Promote.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes