Level 30.

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
Dissident

Level 30.

Post by Dissident »

How about a free 20-levels worth of XP book that cannot be transferred or given on the first time a character maxes out. If the code still works the same then this would let people reset and use this book to reach level 20 again. Basically a free one-time reset to t3 for everyone.

Why? So that all the players that the game tried to 'get back' can actually play the game and enjoy the journey of reaching there without the fear of their builds not working because of the new skills or a future nerf, which was stated in the announcement of the possibility of a non-refund option. You would also encourage the players to actually experiment on testing builds (and maybe discover what things ain't working) without the fear of it being permanent or spending a month to level up again in case it doesn't work or needs a design revisit.

At the start of BIV, we never had issues of attracting the old players and some new ones. The issue is making them stick around for a more fun game. So what have we got to lose by doing this?

Note: I thought 20 levels is a fair starting point. I don't think players would mind level 30 too lol.

(TLDR: Don't punish the players you tried to get back for playing the game released too soon. Let us all enjoy it and test its limits and balance)
Goliath

Re: Level 30.

Post by Goliath »

As an ex-VW, I would have liked that.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Kandarin

Re: Level 30.

Post by Kandarin »

The underlying spirit of this suggestion has been addressed by buyback mechanics.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes