Class: Remove enhanced senses anti-synergy for revenant

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
Klapaucius

Class: Remove enhanced senses anti-synergy for revenant

Post by Klapaucius »

Currently, 2 out of 3 'paths' for the revenant give you something that you probably would have otherwise spent CP on in Tier 2. It feels bad to buy things twice, and it feels bad to slog through tier 2 without ES in the painful pursuit of optimisation, so it's kind of lose-lose right now.

Just remove enhanced senses from the revenant's animus skills? See invisible on the bat skills can stay, and only work on hidden invisible characters if you have ES (I'm sure hidden invisible characters are just coming out of the woodwork).
Fellis
Site Admin

Re: Class: Remove enhanced senses anti-synergy for revenant

Post by Fellis »

This is extremely unlikely to change, at least HtH revenant doesn't have to suffer as much as it used to through T2!
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

but hypothetically speaking if es got punted off of myrmidon then we'd be back to square one
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
cat

Post by cat »

I've dedicated my Rev to getting through to T3 without ES, in no small part due to how expensive Rev is in B5. Taking it away from Animus and having to pick up an additional 20CP skill would sting.
While there should be a fix to doubled up skills I don't think this is it. Also narratively it makes more sense for the Animus skills.

In the meantime there should be a heads up on the wiki page/planner for ES that indicates skills which unlock it later, to avoid frustration. Also for the other T2 skills that double up in T3.
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

Fair enough - extremely unlikely to change sounds fairly final ;). As an alternative, a solution where they stacked in some way would also be good. For instance:

- bonus damage/accuracy against hidden targets
- 'see' hidden targets in adjacent tiles on the map (not that powerful, because people mostly hide indoors anyway)
- 'see' hidden targets inside in the same way that shadows currently show unhidden targets (probably too powerful)

I still probably wouldn't buy ES for the first 2 bonuses, so these changes would probably just be an exercise in wasting dev time.
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Others have spelled out why this isn't happening, so it's resolved.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes