Skill: Nimbus of Conquest on Good Infusion?

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
SaltedSalmon

Skill: Nimbus of Conquest on Good Infusion?

Post by SaltedSalmon »

I don't see a reason for Nimbus of Conquest to work as it currently does on locations already infused to good, specially in good strongholds, so I've been thinking of a way to redo it.

What if, when cast in a location infused to Good, Nimbus of Conquest granted +10% accuracy to good characters and -10% accuracy to evil characters, but its passive infusion boost was disabled? This is determined at time of casting, so it if further falls to Evil it'll stay at 10%/-10%.
Goliath

Re: Skill: Nimbus of Conquest on Good Infusion?

Post by Goliath »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:22 pm I don't see a reason for Nimbus of Conquest to work as it currently does on locations already infused to good, specially in good strongholds, so I've been thinking of a way to redo it.

What if, when cast in a location infused to Good, Nimbus of Conquest granted +10% accuracy to good characters and -10% accuracy to evil characters, but its passive infusion boost was disabled? This is determined at time of casting, so it if further falls to Evil it'll stay at 10%/-10%.
Personally, the highly shifty infusion value on SHs should be get a fix itself, instead of a mechanic that simply worsens an existing problem.
Would suggest counter-infusion actions on a tile with an SH be partially resisted by the SH.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Kandarin

Re: Skill: Nimbus of Conquest on Good Infusion?

Post by Kandarin »

It's a situational skill and you don't want to use it everywhere. That's true for most skills.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes