Gameplay: Auto-Excommunication to Hostiles

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
SaltedSalmon

Gameplay: Auto-Excommunication to Hostiles

Post by SaltedSalmon »

I appreciate the recent Advocate change, but at the same time, the moment I opened RRFs char list I lost all will to excommunicate anyone manually. Too much trouble I say!

Characters hostile to your faction should just be automatically be treated as if they were Excommunicated.
There could be changes like that applied to other classes too. For example, Lightspeaker's Foo Lions have a skill which gives everyone in the room 15% phasing. Shouldn't apply to hostiles, even if they're currently at Good MO.

(Song of the Word is different in this regard though, it should still avoid hitting Good characters and pets even if they are in enemy factions)
Goliath

Re: Gameplay: Auto-Excommunication to Hostiles

Post by Goliath »

Makes sense to me
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

I forget all the interactions that I could write down there...

I know that Last Rites lists people even if they're in a rival evil faction, so I have to check whoever I'm putting to rest because of that.
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

This is generally a good idea but it's describing dozens of different features that are all handled differently under the hood. A more specific list of actions that should be altered this way would be helpful.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes