pets: limit number of pets but remove decay

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
sohdbrimks

pets: limit number of pets but remove decay

Post by sohdbrimks »

So yesterday some people in the faction were saying that being a petmaster they feel a bit "forced" to be constantly making pets and get a petwall as big as possible, and this is kind of boring because they want to do other stuff too.

One suggestion that came about was to limit the number of pets you can have to say 5 or 6 of each pet, and remove the decay. Lich is a bit different and should probably have a 30 pet limit or something.

This way, petmasters will summon as many pets as they're allowed and then be free to do other stuff without feeling guilty.

This is just the basic suggestion,the power of pets could be tweaked around this new limit of course.
Last edited by sohdbrimks on Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skouth

Re: pets: limit number of pets but remove decay

Post by Skouth »

You brave, brave soul. You're going to face A LOT of pushback from the Petmaster Lobby, but I also think this is a good thing
Petmasters literally force everyone to play around them and their gameplay loop, including themselves
It's pervasive and unhealthy
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Thenixon

Post by Thenixon »

It worked in NW.

It would need big re-balancing

My only B5 PM* is an Ele, and I gladly traded the unlimited number for no decay - lets me do other things besides hoard a horde of pets.

I don't have a week's worth of build-up time, which makes it hurt less when a tank walks in and the lil guys flail themselves to a quick, pointless death.

(*Corruptor doesn't count! Just a limit for titans!)
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

This is a social/meta concern. You're free to keep a smaller group, whether as an Elementalist or by coasting on Passive Regen. If your faction guilt-trips you for not keeping up a massive army, you should find a better faction.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes