Map: Jet streams

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
sekki

Map: Jet streams

Post by sekki »

Like how jet streams make air travel faster irl when you fly with a jet stream air travel is cheaper. If you fly against one air travel is more expensive.

This could be layered over the current map or add another map over cordellia which has jet streams.
Kandarin

Re: Map: Jet streams

Post by Kandarin »

Cordillera is enclosed in a dome that blocks most natural weather and simulates weather in a more controlled manner. It does not let in its planet's jet streams.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Fellis
Site Admin

Post by Fellis »

The core idea of "flight has terrain to navigate" isn't a bad one, but the map interface already has a lot of information it has to communicate. As Kandarin mentioned, it's not really a pertinent thing for this breath's Valhalla, so this is a bit DOA. I could see this being utilized for some side area however, like a dungeon that is Open Sky only and requires flight/fly potion to navigate
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

not really fitting for curr map ye, but beyond that in order to be affected by any contemporary form of jet stream on a planet flyers would likely need to be flying like 5+ miles above the surface, which would already be a bit of a stretch
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).