Skill: Archon - Abjure Evil

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
SaltedSalmon

Skill: Archon - Abjure Evil

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Abjure Evil - 30 CP
Upon killing a Evil character (Or Neutral with Hand of Zealotry), they are stopped from entering the tile of their death for 24 hours.

Unlocks Word of Abjuration - Chance to Instakill Evil Pets on attack. If Hand of Zealotry then yeah it targets Neutral pets too.

Greater Abjure - 60 CP
The Archon can now randomly banish a character when attacking them if they are under 30% health and in their faction's stronghold. A still-living person who is banished is ejected from the tile at a random, valid direction, and cannot return to the Archon's Stronghold.

Upgrades Word of Abjuration - Instakill chance doubled.
Klapaucius

Re: Skill: Archon - Abjure Evil

Post by Klapaucius »

Would this ban people from their own SH tile?
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

If a Archon was in a good faction and somehow there was a evil person in there, yes, they could do that.

I imagine it'd get them kicked out of the faction quick if it was just them griefing.
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

Sounds like you intend it to only work in the Archon's SH, which makes more sense. It's not clear from the original post, though.
GreatCatatonic

Post by GreatCatatonic »

I thought the very intent of the skill was to prevent actives who get killed on a raid from returning home and defending further.

--Great
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Works on both the offensive and the defensive in a raid. Sometimes killing a attacker can very well result in them just coming back for a few more attacks.
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

Stopping an enemy from returning to their own SH for 24 hours is way too much, in my opinion. Stopping someone from respawning and coming back to your SH is probably fine.

Edit: if you tune the timer way down, to like 20 minutes, it might pass the ethics review board.
cat

Post by cat »

Adding a requirement that the tile they're being banished from needs to be infused to good seems sensible way to avoid the skill bring used for griefing as well as communicating flavour.
This would also limit its use when raiding an evil SH - though denying defenders from coming back to actively defend their own SH seems rather unfair, so I think it flows.
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

cat wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:16 pm This would also limit its use when raiding an evil SH - though denying defenders from coming back to actively defend their own SH seems rather unfair, so I think it flows.
I don't see a problem with it.
And Abjuring someone in the defensive is WAY less useful because it requires you to be active, so its relatively rarer. You are nuking more than just 50% of the skill's usefulness.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:36 am
cat wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:16 pm This would also limit its use when raiding an evil SH - though denying defenders from coming back to actively defend their own SH seems rather unfair, so I think it flows.
I don't see a problem with it.
And Abjuring someone in the defensive is WAY less useful because it requires you to be active, so its relatively rarer. You are nuking more than just 50% of the skill's usefulness.
But preventing someone from accessing their own territory would be an absolute ass move. It also gives a very clear niche to the skill, that of protecting good territory from non-good attackers.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz