Pet: Order Aethersprites to only heal yourself

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
SaltedSalmon

Pet: Order Aethersprites to only heal yourself

Post by SaltedSalmon »

The better suggestion got binned-

There should be a option make it so select Aethersprites only heal you, rather than everyone, as you may want to keep them alive. They're Lightspeaker's protection against being sniped through their pets after all.
sekki

Re: Pet: Order Aethersprites to only heal yourself

Post by sekki »

The aethersprite always tries to heal it's PM first so this is already a thing?

"If an Aethersprite heals, it expends 5 MP and 1 AP. If an Aethersprite tries to heal, and can heal its master, it will. If its master cannot be healed (or does not need healing), it will heal a random character of good morality in the location."
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

It still loves wasting MP healing other people.

It'd also be a nice change if you want to give your factionmates a chance at healing EXP.
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

prol a pretty easy char setting toggle, 'sprite heals owner' and 'sprite heals other' are two distinct sections of petcode that'd be fairly easy to tell not to run based on a setting, if the option was made available
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
Meric

Post by Meric »

Isn't the idea that the sprites nature is to heal and as such cannot be suppressed by the will of its master.

I think I prefer them that way even if some Sorc burns through them with their SM.
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

if i could've only had my heartlight sprites heal the sorcs, my god

but it was a herald losing 1 hp per minute to holy fury completely obliterating all my sprites, every, time
Meric

Post by Meric »

Nayru wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:21 pm if i could've only had my heartlight sprites heal the sorcs, my god

but it was a herald losing 1 hp per minute to holy fury completely obliterating all my sprites, every, time
That does sound annoying and sprites ping healing in general is annoying.

What about a similar mechanic to how Blood Ice Extraction works.

Ie. If a Sprite is healing for less than 5hp there is a percentage chance it occurs as a free MP action (still costs AP).

On a sliding scale, so,
1hp is 80%
2hp is 60%
3hp is 40%
4hp is 20%
5hp is 0%

That would go some way to ofset ping healing.

Or could be that the healing action instead of costing 5mp could be mp cost = hp healed if a heal is below 5hp.
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

my prior bit was re-evaluating the costs involved based on the hp healed, which probably means messing with sprite mp

becomes a lot easier with heartlight gone at least cough

i.e. if equivocate 1 hp healed = 1 mp you can get rid of all that, but at the very least 1-2 hp = 1 mp would fix that ye
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Meric wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:19 pm Isn't the idea that the sprites nature is to heal and as such cannot be suppressed by the will of its master.

I think I prefer them that way even if some Sorc burns through them with their SM.
This is the intent, yes.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes