Map: Elysium buildings should act as if they're powered

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
SaltedSalmon

Map: Elysium buildings should act as if they're powered

Post by SaltedSalmon »

The areas are planned to have perfectly refracting light, ordered in such that that every corner and cranny is bathed in a alignment of light giving the place even brightness and no shadows, a feat only a God of Order could accomplish, but apparently dollar store lightbulbs are better for searching.
What's up with that?
Nayru

Re: Map: Elysium buildings should act as if they're powered

Post by Nayru »

search system is pretty archaic

if demons are immune to stygian darkness i.e. have nightvision shouldn't they also have +10 'power boost' inside

shouldn't classes with characteristics like that be immune to night penalties in general

shouldn't you get +10 search while flying in outdoor locations to make up for the lack of power boost

but shouldn't power boost be active on the outside of a powered tile as well

shouldn't flashlights (use battery) negate at least part of night malus/lack of power

and so on
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
Repth

Post by Repth »

I had a thought a while back that I've shared here and there, might as well add it here. A bit unrelated though.

Demons now get their search bonus at *night* and in an *unlit* building. Would make power more interesting.

As far as outer planes buildings being powered goes, I think their search odds are made to take lack of power into account? It would be a bit of work to go through all the outer planes tiles and redo their search chances.
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Their harvest odds DON'T take the unlit bonus into account. But yes, maybe it'd be better to simply decrease harvest costs by 1 instead of making everything count as lit and then redoing all the search tables.
Repth wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:53 pm Demons now get their search bonus at *night* and in an *unlit* building. Would make power more interesting.
Ye that would be good. For Revenants too.
Angels have a bunch of abilities that make their search results count as lit in unlit buildings, so right now the optimal plan would be for them to cut power to buildings so demons get worse search rates and use their skills to give themselves a search bonus, which is a bit odd if you ask me. (Of course this is purely hypothetical and nobody is doing it, but still)
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Sunlight is different from power. If the argument is that a bunch of buildings need a search buff that's probably correct, but that'd be a different topic.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes