Gameplay: Neutral Valhalla mob: Security Bot

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
Umbral Reaver

Gameplay: Neutral Valhalla mob: Security Bot

Post by Umbral Reaver »

Being a city of limited population and advanced technology, Cordillera employed a force of Security Bots. Now thrown into the Nexus, this automated security force continues to defend the citizens against danger.

A Security Bot is a low-threat mob that spawns and roams about Valhalla and sees mortals as allies unless attacked. Demons, angels and transcends have altered themselves too much for the bots to recognise them as human, so will be attacked on sight.

Security Bot
AP: -, MP: 20, HP: 20
Attack: 45%, Defense: 5%
Primary Damage: 5 electrical (taser)
Secondary Damage: 5 impact (rubber bullet)
Cerce

Re: Gameplay: Neutral Valhalla mob: Security Bot

Post by Cerce »

Ooo I do love robots and it does add a lot of flavor to the mortal plane with roaming pets not only being in stygia and elysium....o could be even a purgatory wonderer's. Also would be much fun to see what unique way they appear and add some more challenge to standing outside hee
CERCE WAT YOU DO?
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

Having some wandering pets is always nice for buffering against not being able to find any targets/everyone being holed up in strongholds. Not sure how easy it would be to include, but it might be nice to have a feature where attacking/destroying a security bot puts you on the black list for 24 hours or so. I think that would be nifty.
Umbral Reaver

Post by Umbral Reaver »

Destroying a security bot as a mortal gives you the 'Criminal Scum' status for 24 hours or until you die. (it makes sense to lose it on death since you respawn in a different body and they wouldn't recognise you)

Security bots may say unique phrases when attacking someone with this status, such as "Nobody breaks the law on my watch!" :3c
SignedName

Post by SignedName »

The Taser should also give the "Twitchy" status effect.
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

I do support throwing more mobs into Valhalla for the purposes of farming, in general.
That being said, I also wonder if that would be a good thing. Maybe they should only pop out at random intervals? They shouldn't always be swarming around, after all.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Not sure I'd want Cordillera to be a safe haven for T3s to farm pets, personally, although the idea sounds cool.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Umbral Reaver

Post by Umbral Reaver »

Goliath wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:57 am Not sure I'd want Cordillera to be a safe haven for T3s to farm pets, personally, although the idea sounds cool.
It might get more people into the battlefield, since demons staying in Stygia 24/7 is a problem right now.
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

There's a promoted suggestion on T1/entry-level Cordillera pets, so development in this direction go there.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes