Skill: Planar Protection for VW and Heralds

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
Skouth

Skill: Planar Protection for VW and Heralds

Post by Skouth »

Think about it. Heralds hunt demons. Demons hang out in Stygia, but Heralds can't go to Stygia because it burns them.
VWs are just up to all sorts bypassing shenanigans (bypassing doors, walls, barricades, glyphs) so it's not a stretch to believe they could eventually bypass planar damage. They also have a penchant for getting into places they don't belong, and they definitely don't belong in Elysium
If you want to round it out also give NCs PP because something something they've figured out a hax tattoo that lets them ignore planar damage or something
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Repth

Re: Skill: Planar Protection for VW and Heralds

Post by Repth »

Makes sense to me from a flavor perspective. I would also like to see the adept martials get the ley tree, but that's off topic.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

It also makes sense from a gameplay perspective, letting hunters be the most fit for hunting.
That could possibly include giving PP to Revs as well.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Fellis
Site Admin

Post by Fellis »

Removing planar protection from everyone was a delibrate choice, and you can still get it through potions. I don’t think we’ll be adding it back anytime this breath
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Fellis wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:12 pm Removing planar protection from everyone was a delibrate choice, and you can still get it through potions. I don’t think we’ll be adding it back anytime this breath
I'd second this. The greater challenge of hunting outer planes is intentional and is something meant to be worked around.

This probably isn't going to be added to any classes but Fallen and Redeemed this breath.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes