Nether Graft: Additional ability to make a pet feral

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Stretch

Nether Graft: Additional ability to make a pet feral

Post by Stretch »

Allow making WM-owned pets feral, to become aggressive and attack all they encounter.
- Location: Allow this on any plane outside of Cordillera! FERAL PET WARS IN ELY FOR B6!
- Infusion minigame enhancement: Perhaps restrict by making WMs find a square infused to evil to perform the rite of releasing.
- Mutation minigame: Allow pets to retain their existing mutations.

Bonus suggestions for your entertainment:
- Taking it too far but it'd be cool: Allow pets to continue to mutate by eating people
- Taking it way too far but I bet my fellow WMs would be on board: Allow making faction-member pets feral.
squib

Re: Nether Graft: Additional ability to make a pet feral

Post by squib »

Yes yes, and yes! what do you even mean by too far? These are all solid ideas +3.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Problem with this is that summoned pets' power comes directly from their master, that's why most of them die when their master does.
Not quite sure I like a WM being able to swarm planes other than Stygia with feral pet hordes, either.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Stretch

Post by Stretch »

The mutagenic energy replaces the WM as the power source!

Someone in NCG (who can identify if they'd like) suggested that WM feral pets could be limited to squares infused to evil, which would add flavor and further reduce ability for pets going nuts, while increasing fun interactions with different planes and infusion mechanics.
- Would this address the possibility of over-saturation with WM pets?

Agree that they wouldn't be in Valhalla/Cord. Paradise is already swarming with so many paradise pets that the WM pets would struggle to compete. Purgatorio could do with a little excitement!
Carmilla

Post by Carmilla »

Goliath wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:09 pm Problem with this is that summoned pets' power comes directly from their master, that's why most of them die when their master does.
Not quite sure I like a WM being able to swarm planes other than Stygia with feral pet hordes, either.
Iirc a redeemed can already do that if they really wanted to. WM is underpowered as it is xD