Item: Jetpack (or any other form of mechanical flight)

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Zman

Item: Jetpack (or any other form of mechanical flight)

Post by Zman »

Despite all the wonderous tech in game there is currently no way to achieve flight without the use of magic, which I feel hurts the science fiction aspect of the setting somewhat. I propose a mechanical means of flight be placed into the world, both to flesh out the setting somewhat more and to open up new play opportunities to characters who would otherwise be incapable of flight without potions or skills. Ideally this item would be uncommon or rare and require some form of expenditure in items in order to fuel it ,as to not make obsolete magical flight.
Badziew

Re: Item: Jetpack (or any other form of mechanical flight)

Post by Badziew »

There are airships in Purgatorio.
My characters (sorted by IDs): Badziew, Tiger Fist, Pilgrim, Sentient Spellbook, a trojan cat.

Check my wiki profile for more information, including contact information.
Alkasyn

Post by Alkasyn »

Neat idea - you could use fuel in it that you find in gas stations.
Repth

Post by Repth »

An interesting idea, but I don't really think this is needed from a mechanics perspective nor a Cordillera lore perspective. Perhaps in another breath or Valhalla.
Kandarin
Site Admin

Post by Kandarin »

If it doesn't fit Cordillera lore it doesn't fit, and that's a fair point as much as I like the idea. Anything like this would have to be either explicitly Nexal, or implied-or-said to have been brought in from other planes.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Repth

Post by Repth »

Right! Don't let my hesitation to tie it to Cordillera lore quash discussion. If it's tied to the outer planes and Nexus lore instead, it could be a recurring thing ;)

Distinguishing it from a potion of flying would be key. Maybe it degrades and has to be repaired? Maybe MP is the fuel so you don't have to haul fuel in your inventory?
Carmilla

Post by Carmilla »

Hmm it could be a clothing item that replaces cloaks perhaps? It'd function like normal armors in terms of degradability and have a set amount of ticks it can be active before it needs to be refueled.