New T2 skill: respawn near stronghold

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
NearNihil

New T2 skill: respawn near stronghold

Post by NearNihil »

Usually I ask someone else to come up with skill names, so there's that, but mechanically this would be a 40CP child skill of Empyreal Bond, Transcenscion and Hellspawn allowing you to choose to spawn near your faction's Stronghold, or near your last place of death if you're unfactioned. It'd be a separate button from the three parent skills. My definition of "near" would be "within 10 spawnable tiles". This would not override pact debt however, unless your faction lives in Stygia in which case it would really only reduce randomness.

It can be powerful in raid defence, but it's 40CP you're not using for something combat-related. I think it'd be a useful skill to have if you're an explorer or wanderer that enjoys exploring one area at a time and dying means you have to wander all the way back.

One edge case where I think the skill is either "too good to not take" or "take if you're lazy" is when the stronghold is down - should you spawn near your corpse instead? This would allow very easy logistics for invasions of outer planes - think TNC in Stygia or the thing OS had going for a little while in Elysium. Perhaps a solution could be to force a Cordillera spawn instead of a close corpse spawn if you're eligible for the latter, if you've died on a plane not native to you (so Angels would only be able to spawn close to their corpses if they've died in Elysium, Cordillera, or Centrum - not in Stygia, Purgatorio, or Pocket Space).
Don't like someone but can't be bothered to do the dirty work yourself? Hire RED!
Want something but can't be bothered making it yourself? Buy from PIMCO!
SharkyNebula

Re: New T2 skill: respawn near stronghold

Post by SharkyNebula »

Call it Hearthstone after the hit Blizzard game :v