Login Page gives too much information

Past suggestions that have been incorporated into the live game.
Haweh

Login Page gives too much information

Post by Haweh »

When attempting to login to the game, the login form will tell you specifically if your username or password is wrong. It should be changed to be more vague. An attacker could attempt to find valid usernames by trying different usernames until "Invalid Password" error appears instead of "Invalid username."

Suggestion:
Change the error message to be a generic "Username or password is incorrect." or "Invalid credentials entered.", etc.
Badziew

Re: Login Page gives too much information

Post by Badziew »

I think that part is just stock PHPBB code with no possibility to customize, although maybe there is a PHPBB plugin somewhere that hacks into that part. But in terms of security the less plugins the better, so...
My characters (sorted by IDs): Badziew, Tiger Fist, Pilgrim, Sentient Spellbook, a trojan cat.

Check my wiki profile for more information, including contact information.
plscks

Post by plscks »

I don't think this one should be that hard to change to something less specific. Testing a fix seems to work on dev server so far.
"Hey, don't talk about bacon." - Frank Lapidus
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

plscks wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:42 pm I don't think this one should be that hard to change to something less specific. Testing a fix seems to work on dev server so far.
Has this been implemented? It has been a while.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

I tested this with my username and wrong password, and with a random username and something as password.
It hasn't been implemented.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
plscks

Post by plscks »

Goliath wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:42 pm
I tested this with my username and wrong password, and with a random username and something as password.
It hasn't been implemented.
I believe this was updated in the latest game update. Thank you for the reminder!
"Hey, don't talk about bacon." - Frank Lapidus
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Seems to be working now, lovely
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz