No option to pre-create pet names for Stygian Murder Wasps and Crystal Guardians?

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Violet Ultra

No option to pre-create pet names for Stygian Murder Wasps and Crystal Guardians?

Post by Violet Ultra »

The "Pet type:" drop-down menu doesn't include Crystal Guardians or Stygian Murder Wasps. Not a huge bug, but especially for Wasps it's disappointing. Given how they work, Wasps tend to live and die before you even get to see them, let alone name them. (I know I shouldn't get attached, but...)
As I understand it I think that Ghouls not being on the list is for the same reason as tigers being a single item; ghouls and zombies are considered the same, right? But other than things like that, I wonder if there are any other real omissions from this list beyond wasps and crystals?

Also, although I'm not completely sure if this is a bug, I remember setting a name for my aethersprite before I got one (I don't have any Lightspeakers, but I have a couple of typically high-MOR characters) and it didn't work. It just gave me an unnamed aethersprite.
Last edited by Violet Ultra on Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kandarin

Re: No option to pre-create pet names for Stygian Murder Wasps and Crystal Guardians

Post by Kandarin »

This is actually a pretty involved development process for someone to tackle and so I'm towing it to Suggestions. It's not a simple bug - the infrastructure for this has to be built.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes