Skill: Draught of Discretion change

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Meric

Skill: Draught of Discretion change

Post by Meric »

I think the maths is right but Ive currently got a pretty horrid bout of COVID so just come to terms with any errors.

-------

I love this skill and it has saved me loads of times by being able to gain a potion or effect I otherwise dont have access to at a critical moment. However, I know I am very much in the minority of Doom Howlers that take it (3 out of 32).

There has been an alleged pending change on this skill since 2021 on the wiki for "Pending Change to reduce this to 2/3/4/5 MP respectively" but assuming this wont ever happen Id like to suggest something to maybe make it more appreciated amongst my fellow Doom Howlers.

Currently it costs 5xmp x Potion Level to convert a potion from any level with the levels being:

Level 1 - 5 MP - Potion of Acid Affinity, Potion of Cold Affinity, Potion of Death Affinity, Potion of Electricity Affinity, Potion of Fire Affinity, Potion of Unholy Affinity
Level 2 - 10 MP - Potion of Holy Affinity, Potion of Lesser Invulnerability, Potion of Regeneration, Potion of Strength
Level 3 - 15 MP - Potion of Flying, Potion of Healing, Potion of Invisibility, Potion of Invulnerability, Potion of Fire Affinity, Potion of Unholy Affinity
Level 4 - 20 MP - Potion of Combat Clarity, Potion of Extended Invisibility, Potion of Greater Invulnerability

So if I want to turn my Lesser Invul into a Combat Clarity it will cost me 20mp. If I turn a potion of healing into a Holy Affinity it would cost me 10mp

I would suggest the following approach is applied instead whereby the level of the starting potion reduces the overall cost of the operation
For example, 5xmp x Potion Level is the cost but then there is a starting potion level (- 1 level) x 5mp reduction based on the potion used.

So for example, for a level 4 potion
If I turn a Cold Affinity potion (Level 1 (-1 x 5mp) = 0mp) into a Greater Invun (Level 4, 20mp) it will still cost 20mp.
If I turn a Holy Affinity potion (Level 2 (-1 x 5mp) = 5mp) into a Greater Invun (Level 4, 20mp) it will only cost 15mp.
If I turn an Unholy Affinity potion (Level 3 (-1 x 5mp) = 10mp) into a Greater Invun (Level 4, 20mp) it will only cost 10mp.
If I turn a Combat Clarity potion (Level 4 (-1 x 5mp) = 15mp) into a Greater Invun (Level 4, 20mp) it will only cost 5mp.

For a level 2 potion
If I turn a Cold Affinity potion (Level 1 (-1 x 5mp) = 0mp) into a Strength (Level 2, 10mp) it will still cost 10mp.
If I turn a Holy Affinity potion (Level 2 (-1 x 5mp) = 5mp) into a Strength (Level 2, 10mp) it will still cost 5mp.

Id suggest always having a floor of 5mp regardless of potion used and no wacky gain mp outcomes ofcourse.
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)