Skills: Improved Day Walker (Revenant)

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Haweh

Skills: Improved Day Walker (Revenant)

Post by Haweh »

name is a placeholder

30 CP child skill of Day Walker

Revenant benefits from Strength of Darkness buffs at all times.
SkullFace

Re: Skills: Improved Day Walker (Revenant)

Post by SkullFace »

This is not the case already? :shock:
NearNihil

Post by NearNihil »

SkullFace wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:45 pm This is not the case already? :shock:
Day walker removes the penalty. However, a mere 30cp to get +2 to damage, +10% to hit, and +5% to defense on top of 10 HP regeneration every AP tick is a bit much. Further, being weak(er) during the day is the Rev's whole shtick so I'd be reluctant to just toss that out. A class doing something interesting with an otherwise mostly inconsequential game mechanic is something to keep, in my opinion.
Don't like someone but can't be bothered to do the dirty work yourself? Hire RED!
Want something but can't be bothered making it yourself? Buy from PIMCO!
sekki

Post by sekki »

What if it were attached to the revo endgame instead?

Like replacing/augmenting the advocate bonus?
Haweh

Post by Haweh »

NearNihil wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:54 pm
SkullFace wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:45 pm This is not the case already? :shock:
Day walker removes the penalty. However, a mere 30cp to get +2 to damage, +10% to hit, and +5% to defense on top of 10 HP regeneration every AP tick is a bit much. Further, being weak(er) during the day is the Rev's whole shtick so I'd be reluctant to just toss that out. A class doing something interesting with an otherwise mostly inconsequential game mechanic is something to keep, in my opinion.
That was how it worked in B4, sans the HP regeneration.
sekki wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:29 am What if it were attached to the revo endgame instead?

Like replacing/augmenting the advocate bonus?
I think it's too strong to attach to the revenant endgame bonus, it would be a very clear best in slot pick compared to the other bonuses.
sekki

Post by sekki »

Maybe it should be attached to the LS endgame then if not already. At sufficiently high levels of something good transcends don’t take planar damage so maybe add a threshold for good rev’s get to treat ely as perma-night.

But well only in ely.

Also doesn’t preclude it being a skill in its own right. (And I’m not arguing it shouldn’t be a skill. Just throwing out alternatives)