Potion of Arcane Affinity

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.

Yes?

Yes
28%
Yes
24%
Yes
24%
Yes
24%

Total votes: 29

Dissident

Potion of Arcane Affinity

Post by Dissident »

Yes.
Goliath

Re: Potion of Arcane Affinity

Post by Goliath »

Potion of Arcane Affinity?
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Skouth

Post by Skouth »

You bet.
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Fellis
Site Admin

Post by Fellis »

should unholy/holy/arcane affinity potions be confined to the aligned classes like holy/unholy enchants are? Oils?

In the case of neutrals/conduit, maybe just a generic "aligned potion/oil/enchantment" that corresponds to your current alignment choice (your faction)?

I agree that it should be consistent and the genie is probably out of the bottle to make any major changes like the above in this breath, but also thinking about future breath. I'm also pretty sure I want to take holy/unholy oil out and make that damage type more exclusive.
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

I think it would be weird to have aligned affinity potions give 50% damage reduction, but can only be made by characters who are less likely to be attacked by that damage type.

It's already a bit silly that the most valuable use of holy/unholy enchants is for the opposite alignment.

I'd be okay with off-aligned potions causing a little damage though.
Fellis
Site Admin

Post by Fellis »

i mean that's only one use for it, they are also used in enchanting and provide a damage bonus. I agree it's a bit silly that you use them against their alignment defensively, and restricting them would cut down on that. Off alignment stuff probably should cause a bit of damage, or just be less efficient.

anyway it's on my list so won't be forgotten, I agree it should be added for consistency. Not sure if the implementation is easy though