Class Endgame: Conduit Pocket Space portal tolls

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Wassail

Class Endgame: Conduit Pocket Space portal tolls

Post by Wassail »

Suggest that like other Conduit portals you gain 5 XP and a notification whenever someone uses a pocket portal from a device you set up.

Additionally, add possibility to charge 'tolls.' These could be set depending on politics, so factionmates and allies could transit for free, etc. They would be in addition to the standard portal cost.

Possible tolls -

MP
HP

Spicy + and less probable tolls? -

0 wt item category like chalk, newspapers, clothing

Spicy++ tolls -

Consumables like books, potions, food

Spiciest tolls -

AP
Any item or item category you specify! Hope you have a lot of inventory space.
lunalu

Re: Class Endgame: Conduit Pocket Space portal tolls

Post by lunalu »

+1
Give me something for my blood and sweat! Actually even mp back would be fantastic or reduced cost for faction mates
squib

Post by squib »

+1 would make conduit endgame more interesting and not just about confusing people.

would be extra cool if the tolls had different settings for certain categories (factionmates, allies, hostiles, ferals)
NearNihil

Post by NearNihil »

squib wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:17 pm would be extra cool if the tolls had different settings for certain categories (factionmates, allies, hostiles, ferals)
What's to stop you from finding the most random or rare item(s) and demanding those as tribute from hostiles? The portals may as well not exist for some factions then.
Don't like someone but can't be bothered to do the dirty work yourself? Hire RED!
Want something but can't be bothered making it yourself? Buy from PIMCO!
squib

Post by squib »

Will say I don't like the idea of items as tolls, for this reason.

Personally i am pro using ap/mp/hp as increase or decrease based on conduit preference.
Wassail

Post by Wassail »

I'm not particularly concerned with that because the portal churn is often enough that some1 else will be setting that portal soonish anyway. I guess if your faction has no conduits and also isn't friends with anyone that has a conduit you may have more trouble, but in that case maybe you shouldn't get to engage with the conduit endgame easily anyway (?).

There are also ways to ensure access to your pocket of choice like wormholes, VWs, Liches, NC tele, setting SHs, beacons, granted some of these require someone to have had access at least once.

Also IDK why I wrote such a long explanation when the real answer is I don't expect the toll 'ANY ITEM CATEGORY' (dangerously spicy) to be implemented. At most the more reasonable ones like the chalk/newspaper/clothing or the booze/pills/potion/books which I don't anticipate present huge hardship.