Skills: HC - Cloak of Precipitous Vengeance

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
sekki

Skills: HC - Cloak of Precipitous Vengeance

Post by sekki »

As a child skill of say cloak of vengeance (but maybe y’know 90cp) allow HCs to pick up mountains! This automatically flattens the mountain tile they grabbed said mountain from.

At the cost of say 3ap/30mp.

A mountain is a consumable thrown aoe superheavy item that cannot be dropped / instantly vaporizes when dropped which does say 30/300dmg and is always pristine quality.

It can also be used directly against a ward for 300 damage.

It gets the vengeance bonus and if used against a ward it uses the sum of the vengeance bonus for all characters inside the sh

If you are concerned about balance I did some maths (though if you find something wrong with the maths please let me know! I did this against Tlac IB which I don’t actually have one of so it’s all theoretical for me):

18 dmg super heavy Fiendish Bulk
+3dmg Tlac (from bloodlust)
+~4dmg Tlac (up to +8 for being damaged)
+~2dmg Blooded fury (up to +3 for being damaged)
= 27dmg (up to 32)
3x from db
= 81dmg (up to 98)

-25% acc (assume worn super heavy)
+65% melee combat tree
+20% Tlac (from bloodlust)
+5% hulking
+15% fiendish
= 80% accuracy

Yes I know both dmg and acc can be higher with e.g. str pot/conjure sinews/tiger claw but imma ignore those for now.

Cost
1ap 8mp to activate heavy lifting
1ap pick up super heavy
1ap 6mp per attack with DB
~7ap 38mp for 320dmg

1ap 5mp to activate ox
1ap 3mp to activate vengeance cloak
3ap 30mp to pick up mountain
1ap to throw
=6ap, 38mp for ~320dmg (additional 20-ish from say bonuses and slain angels)

To ~320 dmg this comes out a little ahead of a somewhat buffed Tlac IB. It’ll lose to a more buffed IB
To dmg beyond ~320 it’ll lose out cause ya gotta go find another mountain XD

The cp cost for this may be a little imbalanced though. Tlac IB needs 320cp to set this up (I think) while proposed skill needs 150cp to set up. Might be good to have an earths vengeance skill between base vengeance and this but idk what it’d do.
Last edited by sekki on Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Klapaucius

Re: Skills: HC - Cloak of Precipitous Vengeance

Post by Klapaucius »

Agree that good needs some better bash. Not sure I like the implementation.

Are you suggesting that HC should just be able to one-shot anyone who isn't impact immune? Even if it only works outside, I still don't think it's a great idea. Concentrating all the power into one of the least picked classes seems cruel.
Wassail

Post by Wassail »

Throw mountain seems like it would be an aoe attack. It could hit wards too tho. Like Earthquake kinda.
sekki

Post by sekki »

Hm. Yea aoe probably makes more sense for people targets. Since it’s pretty much like. A giant hunk of rock falls from the sky smashing the ground and becoming a million boulders shooting every which way.

Something like 30 individual/300 total I guess?
(You’ll pretty much never find a use for this but it’s certainly thematic!)

I’ll amend the first post.

Edit: This post is less about like mechanically how good gets better bash (because tbh that should probably be something like giving good more passive +dmg buffs or something, maybe on pali) and more like. Wouldn’t it be super cool if you could pick up a mountain and smash it against something for mega damage? (I did the rest of the calc to pick a number that feels strong but is not like completely out of this world).
Azure

Post by Azure »

Is this an out of season April Fool's joke o.O ?