Allow prioritizing or randomizing of pet names

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
NearNihil

Allow prioritizing or randomizing of pet names

Post by NearNihil »

If you have set any custom pet names, it seems they're picked in order from top to bottom, checking which pets already exist.

Now, I had a very close fight with another PM earlier and I "promoted" the almost-despawned, barely-functioning skellington hero by adding an "insignia" to its name - not just the current one, but all the following iterations as well. However, since you can't so much edit names as remove current ones and add new ones, the "renamed" hero shows up at the bottom of the list. Now they won't be automatically summoned until I SM my guy into oblivion and complete the pet blob, and while I could just rename an existing skellington, that's no fun.

I'd rather I can either reorder the list (keeping current summon name logic intact) or have an option to randomly pick a new pet's name from the list (still avoiding duplicate names) so all of them are summoned equally often over time.

Don't like someone but can't be bothered to do the dirty work yourself? Hire RED!
Want something but can't be bothered making it yourself? Buy from PIMCO!
Yukari

Re: Allow prioritizing or randomizing of pet names

Post by Yukari »

I second. I have a huge list of petnames and can't for my life decide on which are the best.