Renown penalty for factions without a stronghold

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Skouth

Renown penalty for factions without a stronghold

Post by Skouth »

Factions that can set a stronghold, but refuse to do so should bleed renown at a rate proportional to either their level or the amount of renown they have. Have it bleed hourly too so you can't just game the system by setting it after 23:59 hours.
FOO LION DELENDA EST
SignedName

Re: Renown penalty for factions without a stronghold

Post by SignedName »

An hourly penalty seems really harsh? Not everyone can stay logged in all the time and set a SH the exact second they're able to. Revoking a SH already costs a lot of AP/MP, so revoking just to avoid getting your flag captured isn't really viable (and if it's still a concern, just make it also cost renown to revoke a SH, maybe something like 10% of current renown).

On the topic of renown decay, I think it could be expanded even further. A base of 1% decay every 24 hours seems fair to me (maybe paired with more ways to earn renown). I don't really see why a specific renown penalty for non-SH factions is necessary though, given that renown is pointless if you don't have a SH.