Skills: Electrified Blade bypasses phase (Seraph)

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
sekki

Skills: Electrified Blade bypasses phase (Seraph)

Post by sekki »

Either innately with the skill or on activating the electric bit.
Thinking something along the lines of - it ignores ~25% phasing.

Another possibility - a 60 or 90CP side/upgrade that grants some minor damage and accuracy innately and completely bypasses phasing.

I kinda like this because it makes seraph more powerful without necessarily going down the "do extremo big damages route" that IBs already have.
Last edited by sekki on Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huojin

Re: Seraph Skill: Electrified Blade bypasses phase

Post by Huojin »

Yes, because I will take anything that improves this husk of a class.
erikune

Re: Skills: Electrified Blade bypasses phase (Seraph)

Post by erikune »

Maybe make it an additional bonus on Eye of Clockwork Precision?

The Seraph has always felt a bit like a class that has different "charge attacks" for different bonus and that modifies it's stats to where they want. It makes sense that they would have a "reduce phasing" sort of attack, as well. I'm just not sure that it should be limited to a single weapon or a single combat tree, though.
A Quick Brown Fox [id 3412] ̶W̶o̶l̶f̶ Fox Revenant
ÆĐR [id 105796] Lightspeaker
Elly Mentalist [id 14108] Water Elementalist
erikune [id 3374] Bone Lich Alchemist
Scribalist [id 3375] Professional Grinder (for now)
Set o Lockpicks [id 7505] Mortal Lockpicker
sekki

Post by sekki »

Ah yea that's fair enough! Not having a seraph and having not read it too closely (yet) I was basing this suggestion of Electrified Blade feeling weak.

Not super attached the electrified blade idea itself - just that seraph gets better at hitting somehow :).

(May try to read up a bit more later and see what else might make sense)
SignedName

Post by SignedName »

sekki wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:32 pmAnother possibility - a 60 or 90CP side/upgrade that grants some minor damage and accuracy innately and completely bypasses phasing.

I kinda like this because it makes seraph more powerful without necessarily going down the "do extremo big damages route" that IBs already have.
Maybe it could be a synergy with Arc Lightning. Like Arc Lightning increasing the Supplemental Damage by a couple points and ignoring Phasing. Might as well apply a synergy to Voltcaster as well while we're at it (allow reloads for 10MP if you don't have a Quiver?).