Skills: ROCKS as OMNICOMP!? (Alchemy change)

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
sekki

Skills: ROCKS as OMNICOMP!? (Alchemy change)

Post by sekki »

Ubiquitous and easy to get (like the evil omnicomp!)
Not really useful otherwise - sorry sling users (unlike evil omnicomp!)
1 wt (like the other omnicomps!)

Seems very fair, very balanced.
Last edited by sekki on Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NearNihil

Re: ROCKS as OMNICOMP!?

Post by NearNihil »

I know some of these words.
Don't like someone but can't be bothered to do the dirty work yourself? Hire RED!
Want something but can't be bothered making it yourself? Buy from PIMCO!
Skouth

Post by Skouth »

Could I suggest you make an evil alt so you'd stop complaining about evil mechanics?
FOO LION DELENDA EST
sekki

Post by sekki »

I have an evil alt. Maybe if u raid my evil alt more I’ll have more complaints about good :P

Plus you do a good job of complaining about good mechanics.
sekki

Post by sekki »

I mean, I'd suggest rocks for evil too but I actually think soul ice is better (both narratively and mechanically)
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

I think making angel tears easier to acquire would make the most sense (currently they're almost outrageously easy to accumulate if you meet the impossible combination of criteria).

If you want it to mirror the evil mechanic, make it so that there's an blessing/prayer result that provides them.

Maybe buff 'divine providence' so that if it's active and you take 10 damage, you get a tear.

Or a new skill that gives the advocate a tear when one of the character's they've defensively buffed takes damage.
erikune

Post by erikune »

Klapaucius wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:26 pm I think making angel tears easier to acquire would make the most sense (currently they're almost outrageously easy to accumulate if you meet the impossible combination of criteria).

If you want it to mirror the evil mechanic, make it so that there's an blessing/prayer result that provides them.

Maybe buff 'divine providence' so that if it's active and you take 10 damage, you get a tear.

Or a new skill that gives the advocate a tear when one of the character's they've defensively buffed takes damage.
There is already a skill which sort of does something similar. It's just a Redeemed skill and apparently Redeemed aren't that popular. Although at 60CP, I wonder if that skill should give tears from more status effects than just Agony Curse.
A Quick Brown Fox [id 3412] ̶W̶o̶l̶f̶ Fox Revenant
ÆĐR [id 105796] Lightspeaker
Elly Mentalist [id 14108] Water Elementalist
erikune [id 3374] Bone Lich Alchemist
Scribalist [id 3375] Professional Grinder (for now)
Set o Lockpicks [id 7505] Mortal Lockpicker
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. It's truly bountiful if you meet the criteria, but almost impossible to do so without basically having a friendly DO curse you.
sekki

Post by sekki »

Yea I agree that fixing angel tears would be a better way to do this for goods.

This suggestion is more like - we could do this now without having to do complicated thinking and reworking of stuff :p

But even if angel tears for good - I still think something better than spellgem for neutrals would be good. (I will half seriously suggest neutrals can *magick* rocks into spellgems because what is a spellgem other than a particularly shiny and well polished and dyed rock?)