TRIPLE FILTERED POTIONS (STRONG STUFF)

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Skouth

TRIPLE FILTERED POTIONS (STRONG STUFF)

Post by Skouth »

Adds a new ability to Deep/Foul/Holy Alchemy
At the cost of three potions of the same type and x AP and y MP you can condense these three potions into one bottle of SUPER STRONG POTIONS that last for TWICE AS MANY TICKS than their regular weak stuff
As you may have worked out yourself, these POWERFUL STRONGEST POTIONS are not efficient to make, materials-wise, but when you have to drink 2 of each invul potion + 2 strength + 2 CC + 2 affinities before entering a stronghold, well, we're looking at 12 AP spent CHUGGING POTIONS
With these POTION SELLER STRONG POTIONS we can have the same effect as that for a PAULTRY 6 AP
So you're trading material efficiency for AP efficiency when it's go time
and it also gives more incentive to buy those awful skills LOL
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Azure

Re: TRIPLE FILTERED POTIONS (STRONG STUFF)

Post by Azure »

POWERFUL STRONGEST POTIONS
Tem shop already sell TRIPLE DISTILLED POTIONS they got sold at dis til THREE TIME yaya!.
erikune

Post by erikune »

I happen to like Deep/Foul/Sacred Alchemy, although I'm not sure how popular they are.

And doubling the duration does seem like the best buff that doesn't overpower the potions. (Not sure about Regeneration or Planar/Invis, but the others seem fine.) By biggest concern is that I'm not sure how well balanced the game is around the strict duration limit. Raids even as late as B4 involved a tank drinking down a coctail of alchemy, stepping into a stronghold, and then watching the petshield AP out on their +18 soak. The whole point of such limited status ticks on the potion duration look like they are intentionally avoiding this situation: either the tank focuses on duration and keeps spending AP to restock it, or their soak duration wears out.

Also, if Seal Item and enchanting is any indication, I don't know if locking the ability behind the child skill is the best way of doing it. Make it an ability of the Alchemy skill, for the potions that Alchemy allows, and have the Deep/etc. Alchemy child skills give an AP reduction along with letting it apply to the new oils and such that the child skill allows.
A Quick Brown Fox [id 3412] ̶W̶o̶l̶f̶ Fox Revenant
ÆĐR [id 105796] Lightspeaker
Elly Mentalist [id 14108] Water Elementalist
erikune [id 3374] Bone Lich Alchemist
Scribalist [id 3375] Professional Grinder (for now)
Set o Lockpicks [id 7505] Mortal Lockpicker
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

I'm not convinced that the actual issue isn't with titan status ticking, rather than potions being too short.

100% agree that the alchemy 40cp upgrades could get a boost. I'd be tempted by a alchemy cost reduction if you have the upgrade. Or at least making the 'upgraded' potions have some actual purpose beyond some pretty arcane shenanigans. Oils are alright, but they really shouldn't be exclusive with enchanting the way they are currently. It just exacerbates the existing 'enchanted weapons are very niche' paradigm.