Gameplay: storing (and possibly retrieving) items should be free

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.

Do you like this feature/change?

Yes (as is)
76%
Yes (with significant change)
18%
No
6%

Total votes: 17

Leila

Gameplay: storing (and possibly retrieving) items should be free

Post by Leila »

This is a pretty simple one. It should be a 0 AP action to place an item in faction storage. I think the concept of "floor safes" are dumb, and it's frustrating to get raided and see a bunch of potions get yoinked because there wasn't anyone around with spare AP to stash items. I have also seen useful items not get picked up and disappear after 24 hours.

Similarly, it's annoying to have to carry around a bunch of stuff and wait for the AP to place items in storage, since without Nexus Tweaks, this is an incredibly tedious process especially if you're an alchemist who brews multiple batches like I do. One has to scroll, find the drop down, click the appropriate one, click the stash button, and then do it again.

I do think retrieving items should also be a 0 AP action, but I don't know if that goes too far. I just know having to wait to have 18 AP to store three potion batches, or having to pester someone on Discord who has AP to place them in storage (and then tediously hand them over to them), is not a fun mechanic. If we can pick items up off the ground for free, we should be able to interact with our faction safe/footlocker for free as well.
"They could do nothing individually. So they went mad, en masse."
RKBBQ

Re: Gameplay: storing (and possibly retrieving) items should be free

Post by RKBBQ »

Free deposits, yeah. I remember IB had a whole system last breath of distributing potions to everybody so the whole faction paid the deposit tax, but that requires a lot of coordination and a willing (and responsive) membership.

I get that withdrawing shouldn't be free, just to prevent active defenders from having an unlimited inventory size worth of potions, but depositing at least should be. Especially with how floor safing seems to have become the new hotness among most factions. Even my judicious crafters with massive inventories can't keep up with the volume of stuff getting thrown on the floor.
Active: Alexios (12693) | Johnny (12760) | Libby (12549) | Red (12555) | Sal (12599) | Gourmand (12808) | 02 (13907)
Released: George (12805) | Remy (12541) | VC (12538) | Silurus (12540)
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

The floor safe is a glorious blessing and a dire curse. It's one of my favorite emergent b5 gameplay additions... I vote for the floor safe!
lunalu

Post by lunalu »

Floor safe. An amazing thing. I have been known to pick up 30 GIs off the floor and distribute to everyone in the room (yes Crux, I'm looking at you!). I'm not too bothered if they don't end up in the safe, I know most of the people I passed to are likely to put them to good use or safe them. Most factions I'm in are good with not leaving too many precious things on the floor. Equally, on my maxxed characters, I offer to safe things for people if needed. I think this just requires you to communicate with your faction a bit more.

I also love going on a raid and then checking out what's on the floor. Always very exciting!
maybe the cost of interacting can be reduced to 0.5ap a go or you can have a few free interactions with the safe a day? e.g. 5? to make it less tedious?
Skouth

Post by Skouth »

This floor safe raiding could be made into a gameplay feature.
Get this
A normal safe that you can put stuff in for free and take for free, alright? But other people can break into your SH, bash the safe and gain access to some (all?) of this unsecure safe
And then you have the SAFE safe which is unraidable but more expensive to purchase slots for and you spend 1 ap to deposit/withdraw from
FOO LION DELENDA EST
lunalu

Post by lunalu »

GENIUS
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

I like the shelf

1) persist after the SH goes down
2) add a renown + 15 AP price for dumping the whole shelf into the safe, if the SH is up
Stretch

Post by Stretch »

Or maybe you can break into the 0 AP floor safe without bashing it if you have LOCKPICKING
Alkasyn

Post by Alkasyn »

Lockpicking? Preposterous!

That said, 2 safes would be kinda fun.
Weirdomen

Post by Weirdomen »

Bumping this, and as an alchemist I'd actually prefer to be able to store items in the faction safe at 0 AP... It's not for me, I just store for the greater good! Or the greater evil!

Edit: or maybe actions being paid with a renown credit? Pay 20 renown, get 100 safe actions at 0 AP? (haggling a bit here)