skill: stygian slime (WM)

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
sohdbrimks

skill: stygian slime (WM)

Post by sohdbrimks »

The WM is constantly leaking some disgusting slime from his skin, passively infusing the ground by 1 point every hour.
It work inside buildings too, but the infusion is applied outside.
If deemed too powerful it can be nerfed to 1 infusion every 2 hours.
SaltedSalmon

Re: skill: stygian slime (WM)

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Kinda boring, isn't it? Just sit around and generate infusion.
sohdbrimks

Post by sohdbrimks »

Well you don't have to sit around if you don't want to. You can go hunting or whatever and the infusion happens wherever you're standing at the hour tick.
Just go about your day summoning pets, hunting, dark heating factionmates, making potions etc and you get 24 infusion a day for free. That's the equivalent of 24 ap and mp for free every day (or 12 ap/mp for free with my proposed nerf if you guys find the original too strong)
It's a passive skill so I don't see how it's boring since it's not forcing you to do anything, it doesn't change your playstyle at all.

Edit: I just realized that most WMs, being petmasters, will be at their SH most of the time, where the infusion is already at 500. So I believe it's ok for the skill to be 1 infusion per hour since it won't be useful all the time, instead being useful mostly after a raid when infusions are down for a few days.

Edit2: forgot to mention CP cost anywhere. It should probably cost 30 cp.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

sohdbrimks wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:54 pm The WM is constantly leaking some disgusting slime from his skin, passively infusing the ground by 1 point every hour.
It work inside buildings too, but the infusion is applied outside.
If deemed too powerful it can be nerfed to 1 infusion every 2 hours.
I'd probably make it a 60cp upgrade to Acid Blood, and have it trigger upon the WM or its pets receiving damage, with infusion value based off damage similar to Life/Soul Vampire.
I'm not too sure what WMs currently need is better ability to infuse, though, but the idea of a WM being some source of contamination does seem interesting.

I do agree the proposed implementation (exist -> infuse) does seem very boring, though.
Incidentally, if you compare it to Greater Infusion, it gives 1/4th of its maximum potential benefit (that is, assuming the Greater Infuser is using all their AP/MP to infuse) without the opportunity cost of using your resources for anything else.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Post by MrFrank »

I like this suggestion because I think it fits in thematically with Wyrm Masters being this vile, oozing living thing that corrupt the environment around them. I had a similar suggestion here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1100

In my suggestion a new pet is responsible for the infusion (degrades non-evil tiles by 2 every AP tick, and infuses evil tiles by 1 every AP tick, maybe for a pet HP, AP or MP cost). Following up on Arg's/Goliath's post above me, we could make this a new component for tentacles. This would solve the problem of sitting in your stronghold and not contributing to infusion, since tentacles can be placed in other locations.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
RKBBQ

Post by RKBBQ »

The tentacles passively infusing sounds like a great additional utility for them too.

Free passive infuse for just existing sounds a bit whack, but making it tied to an action that emphasizes and improves on WM's current kit is much more fun.

Would like to see good and neutral get a similar skill, though, just to keep things balanced. It's already a bit whack that evil has the endgame incentives to infuse, while good and neutral have no benefits.
Active: Alexios (12693) | Johnny (12760) | Libby (12549) | Red (12555) | Sal (12599) | Gourmand (12808) | 02 (13907)
Released: George (12805) | Remy (12541) | VC (12538) | Silurus (12540)