Gameplay: Faction flag defense event

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Klapaucius

Gameplay: Faction flag defense event

Post by Klapaucius »

I think multi-faction scheduled events would be a good addition to the core game. The essential concept is to get people on both sides of the battle online and engaged at the same time in the same place without one-sided mechanics like SHs or passive pet shields. I'll give an example of how I think the concept could be practically enacted without introducing any ridiculously complicated mechanics.

Example implementation:
  • Any faction can spend renown to plant a flag in any non-SH location on the map, inside or outside. This probably costs a good amount of renown/resources
  • All enemy and allied factions are notified of the time and location of the flag
  • 24 hours from the time of planting, some metric is calculated which determines whether the planting faction (+ their allies) or the enemy factions win the event, and rewards are distributed
Suggested evaluation metrics:
  • Number of surviving player*level in each group on the tile at exactly 24h
  • First time only planting team or enemy team has living people present on the tile after the 24 hour mark
  • Total number of kills on the tile by each group
  • etc..
Maybe the planting faction could even decide how the event will be evaluated (possibly each elder power provides an option? So good, neutral and evil each have 3 possible types of events.)

I'll leave reward ideas for now, but renown/resources etc are obvious options.
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Re: Gameplay: Faction flag defense event

Post by MrFrank »

Sounds like a great idea, it could even combine existing elements like uberpets and that one battle royal-esque event whose name escapes me atm.

First confused the thread title for "capture the flag event" and honestly even that could be fun. Combine it with this this suggestion and you can have all sorts of factions/alignments banding together to either bunker down with barricades and pets all that stuff in one corner and the other trying to bulldoze their way in. Only downside I see for this is that multi-faction events might not necessarily allow for large number participation because people have their characters spread out and I imagine only one would be able to join in.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||