[Skill] New functionality for Tattoo of Balance

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.

PICK ONE

I like Centering AND True Balance
56%
I like Centering ONLY
No votes
I like True Balance ONLY
33%
I like this idea but this is too strong for a free skill
No votes
other? post in the thread
11%

Total votes: 9

Skouth

[Skill] New functionality for Tattoo of Balance

Post by Skouth »

As it stands Tattoo of Balance is a pretty bad skill. You get +4 damage for a SINGULAR ATTACK and then +3 damage for the next, what, two or three attacks? All this if you painfully manage your MO so in a raid you can get out 13 extra damage before going to the realm of +2 and +1.
So what if you gave Balance two (TWO) FREE mechanics?
Let's call them "patterns" on the Tattoo or something

Code: Select all

Pattern of Centering
1AP 10MP, lasts 10 status ticks
Every attack shifts you towards 0 balance instead of the usual MO shift
At 0 balance the effect immediately ends
This is for fixing your MO after you splurge on killing a few angels or demons too many. Or for fixing your MO mid raid if you've got mana to spare

Code: Select all

Pattern of True Balance
1AP 15(20?)MP, lasts 10 status ticks
MO shifts don't happen until the status effect ends, and when it does they all happen at once
Reusing the ability refreshes the duration, but the MO shift will happen upon refreshing
This is for getting the most bang for your buck when you get to that sweet 0 MO. So say you hit an angel 10 times while having your big boy damage, the status runs out and then suddenly you're -30 MO
but that's ok because you can just use centering to get back to 0

no you can't use both of them at the same time
yes maybe this could be a skill of its own
yes tattoo of balance is a gimmick that's not going away because it's iconic but this makes it easier to use
Last edited by Skouth on Wed May 11, 2022 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Goliath

Re: [Skill] New functionality for Tattoo of Balance

Post by Goliath »

No to Pattern of Centering, as it currently stands, the NC is excellent at manipulating its own MO, but sucks at keeping it at a fixed place.
Yes to Pattern of True Balance, I feel it's really cool to give NCs a hefty prize for keeping their MO at zero. However I'd make it significantly more expensive, like 3AP + 15 MP or the likes. Given the refresh effect pretty much kills its utility, I'd drop the refresh option.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Post by MrFrank »

Pattern of True Balance is near identical to an idea I had a day ago :lol: so yes, do support it. It's something that rewards NCs for playing more to the 0-MO game instead of being an occasional damage boost pointed out just above!

I'd rework Pattern of Centering to shifting the NC's MO to 0 upon taking damage, rather than dealing damage, somewhat like Redeemed's Mask of the Penitent.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

MrFrank wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:08 pmI'd rework Pattern of Centering to shifting the NC's MO to 0 upon taking damage, rather than dealing damage, somewhat like Redeemed's Mask of the Penitent.
If I'm to make a versjon of PoC, I'd go with an expensive activation lasting for X minutes, reducing duration on status tick (see: offensive prayer), and cancelling upon hitting 0 MO.
I'd also make it a separate skill from PoTB.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Lychwood

Post by Lychwood »

ok what if tattoo of balance just gave you like 20 more inventory space because you're really good at not dropping stuff

would be an improvement

to subscribe for more terrible ideas reply "wat"
I am the filthiest casual.

Player of: Lychwood, Nirvanyos the Arcane, The Blackwolf, Froggy the Gremlin, The Necronomicorn, Morgein Winterhue, ᛊᛏᚨᛁᚾᚨᛉ