Mechanics: Nexal Boon

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.

Do you like this feature/change?

Yes (both)
29%
Yes (renown)
No votes
Yes (xp)
No votes
No
71%

Total votes: 7

Goliath

Mechanics: Nexal Boon

Post by Goliath »

Periodically, based on the tiles a character's infusing alignment controls, they get XP
Similarly, factions gain renown proportional to their level.

This should encourage more aggressive fighting over enemy tiles and possibly make players stay outside SHs more often.
Neutral factions might need an extra bit of help, though.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
SaltedSalmon

Re: Mechanics: Nexal Boon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

I need more details here. How does this work? Does everyone get the boon? Is it based on the tiles you've PERSONALLY infused?
Feels like a "win more" mechanic.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:47 pmI need more details here. How does this work? Does everyone get the boon?
Periodically (I'd say daily or weekly), every single character and faction gets a reward based on their alignment, and on faction level for renown.
SaltedSalmon wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:47 pmIs it based on the tiles you've PERSONALLY infused?
No, it's based on the tiles your alignment holds.
SaltedSalmon wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:47 pmFeels like a "win more" mechanic.
The rewards shouldn't be large enough to cause any alignment a major increase on infusion power. Rewards could also be inversely proportional to the alignment size, to empower smaller alignments (Neutrals).
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Post by MrFrank »

Maybe instead of being a passive increase, this is accumulated in a location (let's just say a random tile in your faction's SH neighbourhood for example), and all you have to do is walk up there and press a "receive my portion of the XP" button to get that XP. You only get the XP that's alloted to your character, no stealing or what-have-you. This way at least enemies can attempt to wrest that location out of your control, set up ambushes, contest for territory etc even if it is essentially just free XP in the end.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

MrFrank wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:25 pm Maybe instead of being a passive increase, this is accumulated in a location (let's just say a random tile in your faction's SH neighbourhood for example), and all you have to do is walk up there and press a "receive my portion of the XP" button to get that XP. You only get the XP that's alloted to your character, no stealing or what-have-you. This way at least enemies can attempt to wrest that location out of your control, set up ambushes, contest for territory etc even if it is essentially just free XP in the end.
It's already set up in a competitive and contestable manner, but if it was set on a weekly basis, having people go collect it/contest it on the weekend, over a random location on Cordi/Centrum for each alignment, it would be interesting.
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

If I was completely on board with infusion mechanics, I would think this is a good idea.
Dissident

Post by Dissident »

Voted no for now. The design intent and everything in this suggestion is good but the mechanics where it is based which is infusion sucks big time. What I mean is that no matter how awesome this suggestion is it would lead to a battle of boring AP dump.