Factions - More Ranks

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Kraufen

Factions - More Ranks

Post by Kraufen »

This is pretty simple (well probably not so much coding wise so I'm not like expecting a miracle or anything)

Basically a way to make more ranks to allow certain people to have maybe custom ranks, or just more flavor for factions.

Hellrising a similar game I used to play has this. I will post an example. It allowed you to freely edit the ranks of your faction and let them do certain things and bar them from doing certain things. I know I'm asking a lot on that front but I think it would be a cool thing to somehow implement.

Kraufen

Re: Factions - More Ranks

Post by Kraufen »

Bumping this pls since I'm not entirely sure anybody saw it
Zman

Post by Zman »

This is honestly a fantastic feature that allows factions to add a lot more color and personal flair to each faction.
oath2order

Post by oath2order »

Bumping, would love this.
old-school member been here since like September 2014, I finally got my original start date.
Badziew

Post by Badziew »

My only argument against this (and, generally, against how ranks are currently displayed in game) is that when you encounter a random character from a random faction, it would be nice to be able to see at first glance if this is someone high in faction hierarchy or a freshly joined newbie.

I may be jaded, but unfortunately I can easily imagine a fresh member doing something nasty in faction's name, maybe because they did not bother to read faction rules, or maybe even because they are a troll or spy who deliberately joined only to sabotage its reputation.
My characters (sorted by IDs): Badziew, Tiger Fist, Pilgrim, Sentient Spellbook, a trojan cat.

Check my wiki profile for more information, including contact information.
oath2order

Post by oath2order »

Maybe implement some type of easily identifiable rank icon.
old-school member been here since like September 2014, I finally got my original start date.
Wozzy

Post by Wozzy »

This is something that interests me, and with custom rank names already a thing I don't share Badziew's concerns as long as they follow the same order they do now.