Gameplay: Guaranteed Hide

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
cat

Re: Gameplay: Guaranteed Hide

Post by cat »

Nayru wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 pm granted by that logic you should lose hiding that you gained because of the +X unpowered bonus when lights go back on
While this is brutal, I cannot fault the logic and I'm reminded of this [content warning: spider] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLw-9dpHtcU
cat

Post by cat »

Fellis wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:21 am As a band-aid, I'll try to take a look at hide chances in various tile types. I don't think B5 has any 50% level hide chance locations and it probably could use some. Do people check hide chances when you pick a place to sleep? go to apartments jeez
Having a rough idea of hide chance indicated somehow in the tile details/description would be welcome, as people's concept of "what tiles make a good hiding place" don't always follow and having to look up each tile type on the wiki for % to hide (assuming they're even listed) is not ideal.
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:40 am Apartments are good but they are often powered and have a 40% find rate.
Find rate increases the chance you'll find a hiding person, right?
correct
Fellis wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:21 am As a band-aid, I'll try to take a look at hide chances in various tile types. I don't think B5 has any 50% level hide chance locations and it probably could use some. Do people check hide chances when you pick a place to sleep? go to apartments jeez
50 like 95 with wm's translucency granted, though i guess getting hidesmited for 0 mp by a summoner with a massively powerful innate would be uh............... jarring, if novel

unsure which other +hide boosts stuck around if any (vw punted by having shadow wrap while being mp starved)
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
BobGeneric

Post by BobGeneric »

sekki

Post by sekki »

BobGeneric wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:39 am Feature exists: https://wiki.nexusclash.com/wiki/Shadow_Wrap
I mean… I guess making spellcraft/spell combat a T1 thing could be interesting. Then spellcasty T2s could get more cool toys :3
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

okay i have to get in on this sh#$ after that actual dunk

feature exists https://wiki.nexusclash.com/wiki/Initiate_of_the_Shadow
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

I think the pain point behind this is covered by the promoted pity rolls suggestion.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes