Gameplay : AP (Double on weekends)

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Kraufen

Gameplay : AP (Double on weekends)

Post by Kraufen »

Hiya, I'm sure AP based suggestions happen a lot. The amount of AP I get per day doesn't really bother me, since I work so I don't have all day to play the game, so its perfect in that regard

But I played a game where they increased AP regen on days people are more likely to be off work or school, since they were likely to have more free time during those days.

Now obviously this might mess with the way the game works so maybe i'm wrong in suggesting this, but I think it would be a fun idea, as people could plan stuff ahead of time to take place on days where they might have access to more AP, incentivize players to play the game during periods where they aren't working maybe just a little more, and would feel like a fun little event every week.

Anyways, again, just a suggestion.
Kandarin

Re: Gameplay : AP (Double on weekends)

Post by Kandarin »

One of the core assumptions of Nexus Clash is that it should be a very casual game - unless you have a ton of characters, it should be possible to play all your AP in 15 minutes at some point in the day, with another session of similar length later. It shouldn't require all day to play the game.

We have a very diverse playerbase in terms of age, education, professional roles, time zones and schedule and there isn't a specific day or time of day that the playerbase disproportionately has more time. We have players who are too busy to play on weekdays and free on weekends, but also players who have highly structured weekdays (where time to play a game can be slotted in predictably) and wildly unpredictable weekends where they aren't usually online. The way things are treats all players equally, and any AP gain change to favor players with one preferred time would push out players for whom that isn't a good time for them.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Kraufen

Re: Gameplay : AP (Double on weekends)

Post by Kraufen »

Kandarin wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:24 pm One of the core assumptions of Nexus Clash is that it should be a very casual game - unless you have a ton of characters, it should be possible to play all your AP in 15 minutes at some point in the day, with another session of similar length later. It shouldn't require all day to play the game.

We have a very diverse playerbase in terms of age, education, professional roles, time zones and schedule and there isn't a specific day or time of day that the playerbase disproportionately has more time. We have players who are too busy to play on weekdays and free on weekends, but also players who have highly structured weekdays (where time to play a game can be slotted in predictably) and wildly unpredictable weekends where they aren't usually online. The way things are treats all players equally, and any AP gain change to favor players with one preferred time would push out players for whom that isn't a good time for them.
Alright Cool! I get that! And yeah I get that. Thanks for the reply