Skill: Sniper of the Creeping Chill (buff)

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.

Do you like this feature/change?

Yes (as is)
100%
Yes (with significant change)
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

Goliath

Skill: Sniper of the Creeping Chill (buff)

Post by Goliath »

Currently, Creeping Chill gives a total of zero benefit when attacking a single target from hiding (aside from bonuses not related to hiding)
I believe attacks made from hiding while having purchased this skill should gain +2 damage increased to +3 when done with the innate bow, and gain the accuracy bonus from hiding, regardless of first strike. It'd be reasonable that the innate bow would lose the +1 universal damage in exchange.

This would allow VWs to keep striking the same target from hiding while still benefiting from up to +15% accuracy and some acceptable bonus damage instead of having to reveal themselves and hide again.

The playstyle change wouldn't impact raid effectivity (aside from the straight buff to damage) as the +8 damage from Adv Hide is immense when combined with the ability to spread it to multiple targets from a single hiding, but would be a huge boon when hunting.

This is Goliath, thanks for attending my TEDx talk, it's been a pleasure.
Last edited by Goliath on Fri May 06, 2022 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
rashnu

Re: Skill: Sniper of the Creeping Chill (buff)

Post by rashnu »

should probably buff the mark tree instead.
aka Armykid500
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

You can't buff the mark tree enough to make it work with Chill without making it overpowered, as Chill only works by spreading your hits and Mark "works" by concentrating your hits so you can't really use both at the same time.

Biggest gripe with Mark is the incredibly high MP cost (5MP for a stance + 5MP per marked target) on a very MP starved class, and that it (or Chill) would need a major rework to synergize with Chill. Also, the stances could use a reworks regardless, there's a lot of overlap and a few stances are just suboptimal.

Incidentally, my suggested buff makes Chill work better with Mark, as it reduces the disadvantages of concentrating fire on a single target.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
rashnu

Post by rashnu »

The bow is already very strong imo, I haven't struggled to kill anyone besides petmasters which I probably shouldn't be able to anyway. Most people die in 3 shots - the first one with the hide bonus. I think it already does enough.
aka Armykid500