Skills: Hellspawn/Empyreal Bond Change

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
SignedName

Skills: Hellspawn/Empyreal Bond Change

Post by SignedName »

Instead of granting desecration or prayer bonuses upon picking the aligned respawn options, instead give a +1 soak bonus in their respective planes. As it stands now, these bonuses are actually fairly pointless, especially for angels, as they aren't going to engage in combat immediately after respawn- and demon-on-demon infighting gets encouraged by several desecration bonuses, rather than discouraged. This change would discourage demons from attacking other demons in Stygia to a small extent, and confer a useful bonus to Angels as well.

Instead of activating on Stygian/Elysian respawns, have the desecration/prayer bonuses happen on respawns in Valhalla- you're granted an infernal boon to wreck havoc in the mortal plane, or given an angelic dispensation to do works outside of Elysium. This would also make the player weigh the pros/cons of picking between the options more.
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Re: Skills: Hellspawn/Empyreal Bond Change

Post by MrFrank »

I do support this but as outlined by devs before I think it may be unlikely (although they were talking more about being able to spawn in Valhalla on command rather than bonuses being granted there so at least the first part, gaining passive soak in Ely/Styg, seems more possible and I'd really like to see it). I'm assuming this isn't removing the ability to *[being able to choose to] respawn in Ely/Styg on death.

You haven't mentioned Transcension, would they not work for neutral classes?

*minor edit for clarification
Last edited by MrFrank on Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
SignedName

Post by SignedName »

MrFrank wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:32 pmYou haven't mentioned Transcension, would they not work for neutral classes?
Oh, I just forgot about Transcension. I suppose it'd work the same way for them.
Warharan

Post by Warharan »

I (only just) noticed that a Lich get a free skill with the following:
Upon transcending to Lichdom, characters become more attuned to the power of Death. Characters with this skill gain Immunity to Death damage. The Lich is more skilled at returning from the void and will pay Level/3 (instead of the usual Level/2) AP to Respawn back into the Nexus.
My wannabe Lich took out of curiosity the 'Transcension' skill and now I am wondering if these things add up?

If it does 'add up' how wil it work?

And if it does not can beg someone to delete the skill for CP/swap it for another skill?

(link: https://www.nexusclash.com/clash.php?op ... ter&id=582, just in case)
(*puppy eyes regardless)
puppy eyes.jpg
puppy eyes.jpg (85.31 KiB) Viewed 8495 times
Note that my avatar is merely the coat of arms of the city where I live.
But feel free to add additional meaning to that.
rashnu

Post by rashnu »

I like hellspawn, the desecration dice roll makes me want to die more
aka Armykid500
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Post by MrFrank »

rashnu wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:26 pm I like hellspawn, the desecration dice roll makes me want to die more
There's uh two ways to interpret that.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Changes to Prayer and Desecration since this was done have addressed the core reasons for the OP.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes