Skill: If you have Hellspawn, normal respawn always goes to Valhalla

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Umbral Reaver

Skill: If you have Hellspawn, normal respawn always goes to Valhalla

Post by Umbral Reaver »

(and equivalent for other alignments)

It's just inconvenient to say 'I will spawn in Cordillera today' and end up in Stygia anyway, without the benefits.
Warharan

Re: Skill: If you have Hellspawn, normal respawn always goes to Valhalla

Post by Warharan »

That would go a long way into making the skill more worthwhile. Signed.
(as the regretful owner of 2 such skills. ;) )
Note that my avatar is merely the coat of arms of the city where I live.
But feel free to add additional meaning to that.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

I'd rather make regular spawn have an even chance to pop the character into any non-home plane (ie: Demons with Hellspawn have 33% chance to spawn in Ely/Purg/Cord with regular spawn)
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Post by MrFrank »

I feel like the skills, as they are, would be worth more picking up if they at least put you near your SH (if they're on that plane) or allow you to pick a neighbourhood of your choice. As they are you get a minor buff for respawning in Ely/Sty/Purg when there's a chance that is already a thing that could happen.

Picking which plane you always get to spawn in is pretty good too.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

MrFrank wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:03 pm I feel like the skills, as they are, would be worth more picking up if they at least put you near your SH (if they're on that plane)
This was tested last breath and in like, 1-2 days people started dying and respawning near their Stronghold in order to feed the Liches with corpses.
MrFrank wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:03 pm Picking which plane you always get to spawn in is pretty good too.
Hhhh
I don't think it'd be good to allow anyone other than Redeemed/Fallen to spawn in a opposed plane.
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Post by MrFrank »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:14 pm
MrFrank wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:03 pm I feel like the skills, as they are, would be worth more picking up if they at least put you near your SH (if they're on that plane)
This was tested last breath and in like, 1-2 days people started dying and respawning near their Stronghold in order to feed the Liches with corpses.
Oh... yeah that seems pretty abusable. But still outside of a buff and spawning in outer planes it's not really giving you all that much, and I can't think of a way to make it more attractive. Maybe if the Respawn Buff was an item you got and you could activate it within the next 2 days to gain the benefits instead of on spawning?
MrFrank wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:03 pm
SaltedSalmon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:14 pmPicking which plane you always get to spawn in is pretty good too.
Hhhh
I don't think it'd be good to allow anyone other than Redeemed/Fallen to spawn in a opposed plane.
Yes, I meant within the same planes as they're currently set.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
Repth

Post by Repth »

The point of these skills is to encourage and reward outer plane respawns, so allowing folks to have 100% control over spawning in Valhalla is not the intended direction. What needs to happen is you still get the discount and bonus if you click the regular respawn button and end up in your outer plane anyway, that's where this hurts across the board. This is the same feedback I gave here.