Demons don't need sense magic to use ices

Past suggestions that have been incorporated into the live game.
Skouth

Demons don't need sense magic to use ices

Post by Skouth »

c'mon
it's a demon thing, they just know that crushing the green crystal means big mp gains and the red crystal makes you feel better
don't make me spend 10 cp on that
FOO LION DELENDA EST
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Re: Demons don't need sense magic to use ices

Post by MrFrank »

Completely agree, there's also other things I'd like Sense Magic to not do like Potion names (all chars should be able to see what any potion does by default on reaching T2) and spellgem charges (characters with Spellcraft should be able to tell how many charges a gem holds even without Sense Magic) but while the things I listed may be debatable Ices are the perfect place to start.

Really doesn't make sense that Defilers who have the ability to make them in the first place would be unable to recognize them, and for Pariahs too seeing that they should be able to make good use of them.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

Agreed, this seems a bit cruel. It's the only instance where not having sense magic stops you from actually doing something, rather than just obfuscating the outcome/hiding information (maybe aside from the new enchant system I think?).
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

Klapaucius wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:18 am Agreed, this seems a bit cruel. It's the only instance where not having sense magic stops you from actually doing something, rather than just obfuscating the outcome/hiding information (maybe aside from the new enchant system I think?).
need sense magic to turn a chont weapon on ye

but someone else can also do that for you i suppose
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Compromise for next patch: If you have the corresponding skill that lets you make the item, you can use it with or without Sense Magic.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes