Pets: Namm's Chariots of Zeal

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
SaltedSalmon

Pets: Namm's Chariots of Zeal

Post by SaltedSalmon »

My curent suggestion for a new Lightspeaker pet.

Summon Chariot
Lightspeaker 60 CP skill.
- Allows the Lightspeaker to summon Namm's Burning Chariots
- Allows the Lightspeaker to give them away
- Allows the Lightspeaker to have more than one Chariot
(The last 2 parts are part of the skill - Lightspeakers with Summon Chariot can give them away and hold more than one, but other players cannot do the same unless they have this skill)

Burning Chariot
HP:70/MP: 30/AP: 80
Costs 1 AP and 25 MP to Summon and Rejuvenate.

Attack Damage: 10 Electric/8 Slashing
Attack: 65%
Defence: 0%

Special notes:
Chariots are supposed to be helpful to most people, so they have two special rules.
- They do not lose AP from tile to tile movement
- They are hidden if their current master passes a successful hide or invisibility action, and return after he is revealed.

The purpose of this pet is two-fold. It gives Lightspeakers a pet that doesn't deal holy damage as its primary (Forget Divine Interdiction, that's 60 CP to learn + 10 CP for a element + 20 CP if you didn't plan on learning spellcraft, and then it only works in active combat), and it gives you the ability to give your other Good friends a neat little pet for hunting.
Or you could forgo that and go battle Lightspeaker with this and the Crook since they don't lose AP just from you walking around hunting for people.
Last edited by SaltedSalmon on Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Re: Pets: Namm's Chariots of Zeal

Post by MrFrank »

• Does a character need to be a factionmate/ally to be eligible to receive them? Same alignment?
  • If the recipient is a pet master will they be able to rejuvenate it as they would their other pets? What about other settings, like setting its stance and name?
  • Any limitation of how many of these can be given out?
  • If a character already has one Chariot from a different petmaster, can you give them another one?
I like this idea, largely because it gives some much needed use to Faunabond. It should make other people reliant on you for their gifted pet-upkeep needs, though that can also be a negative and one which should force LS to make decisions regarding their mana usage.

Personally I'd give some defensive benefit or utility to gifted pets, that seems to fit LS better but the current iteration looks hugely useful as well.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

MrFrank wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:33 pm
  • Does a character need to be a factionmate/ally to be eligible to receive them? Same alignment?
  • If the recipient is a pet master will they be able to rejuvenate it as they would their other pets? What about other settings, like setting its stance and name?
  • Any limitation of how many of these can be given out?
  • If a character already has one Chariot from a different petmaster, can you give them another one?
Replying in order,
- Needs to be Good. The Chariot will fly away if you fall to neutrality or evil.
- Similar mechanics as a Aethersprite Guide: The master can always switch its stance and rejuv it, even if they're not a Petmaster themselves.
- Similarly to other pets, its based on how many everyone can upkeep, which is why I cut its AP down from 100 to 80 while writing the thread. It still might need to be knocked down to 70 AP, maybe.
- No.
MrFrank wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:33 pm Personally I'd give some defensive benefit or utility to gifted pets, that seems to fit LS better but the current iteration looks hugely useful as well.
I DID actually plan to have the chariots give their master +1 Soak or something of the type, but that would make killing idle Seraphs/Holy Champs obscene while also not helping Lightspeakers much, so I decided against it.
If Lightspeaker needs help not being defenseless, perhaps something should be added to Judgemasters.

Ultimately I like the idea because it reminds me of how Advocate seems to be a support class at first, until you realize that they have access to multiple high tier Prayer results at reduced AP. If Lightspeaker could have a similarly aggressive route by being allowed to give people aggressive pets and/or was allowed to go walking around with their pets without draining like 10 AP per move, I'd be down with that.
MrFrank

Post by MrFrank »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:06 pm Ultimately I like the idea because it reminds me of how Advocate seems to be a support class at first, until you realize that they have access to multiple high tier Prayer results at reduced AP. If Lightspeaker could have a similarly aggressive route by being allowed to give people aggressive pets and/or was allowed to go walking around with their pets without draining like 10 AP per move, I'd be down with that.
Ok this is just a way out there idea, but what if Chariots could just whisk you away to a specific co-ordinate? Like you could input 6,6 Stygia and off you go. For balance it could limit bringing other pets, so it would leave them behind (or dismiss them), and then you are on a timer where you can walk around and whack stuff before being whisked back. For balance you couldn't control the timer (say... 30 minutes?). This is partly inspired by Io the Wisp's ultimate ability (from Dota 2).
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

MrFrank wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:25 pm Ok this is just a way out there idea, but what if Chariots could just whisk you away to a specific co-ordinate? Like you could input 6,6 Stygia and off you go. For balance it could limit bringing other pets, so it would leave them behind (or dismiss them), and then you are on a timer where you can walk around and whack stuff before being whisked back. For balance you couldn't control the timer (say... 30 minutes?). This is partly inspired by Io the Wisp's ultimate ability (from Dota 2).
I'm not too sure about Lightspeaker being able to teleport to another plane and then go back like that. I think it'd be way too much utility, not even Nexus Champion can do something like that, even after they've spent 90 CP on their travel skill.

But the main problem is that if chariots can give their master something, whether its something like a teleport or bonus soak, its should be something that they can transfer to their new owners (Because giving the pet away is part of the appeal so naturally). Giving away a travel skill is too much.
MrFrank

Post by MrFrank »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:45 pm I'm not too sure about Lightspeaker being able to teleport to another plane and then go back like that. I think it'd be way too much utility, not even Nexus Champion can do something like that, even after they've spent 90 CP on their travel skill.

But the main problem is that if chariots can give their master something, whether its something like a teleport or bonus soak, its should be something that they can transfer to their new owners (Because giving the pet away is part of the appeal so naturally). Giving away a travel skill is too much.
That is true, just thought the idea is interesting.

If you don't mind I might rehash one of my older suggestions and make a defense-oriented giftable LS pet and post that suggestion at some later point.
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

MrFrank wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:08 pm That is true, just thought the idea is interesting.

If you don't mind I might rehash one of my older suggestions and make a defense-oriented giftable LS pet and post that suggestion at some later point.
Of course.

A bit off topic but I feel like I should throw this here, my other suggestion for LS was a stationary pet that prevented Fonts and their leylines from being used by evil characters if they were on the tile of the font.
Alas, that wasn't good.