Skill: Bond of the Mechanical reloads Slings

Past suggestions that have been incorporated into the live game.
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Skill: Bond of the Mechanical reloads Slings

Post by MrFrank »

Bond of the Mechanical should be able to reload slings as well.

I'm not sure what kind of slings the Nexus uses. Searching shows this thing, a more modern variant and this one. Not entirely unreasonable to think that there's one that's made of metal and hellbones and other Nexusy materials (ok I just read the desc which says A simple leather pouch on the end of two leather cords.)

You can't load multiple ammunition in normal slings anyway so maybe Fallen are able to use whatever mechanical parts Nexus slings have and reload them?
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
Alyss

Re: Allow Bond of the Mechanical to reload Slings

Post by Alyss »

Agreed and they should be able to Bond reload Archery weapons as now now that all of their damage and accuracy is generic (except non-innate I guess). Modern athletics bows are already mechanical anyways, the kind you would find in a sporting goods store, and it'd only get moreso in the future.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

+1 if that's not already the case
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Post by MrFrank »

Alyss wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:59 pm Agreed and they should be able to Bond reload Archery weapons as now now that all of their damage and accuracy is generic (except non-innate I guess). Modern athletics bows are already mechanical anyways, the kind you would find in a sporting goods store, and it'd only get moreso in the future.
I was considering bows too, haven't used them before so I wasn't sure if one loads the quivers into them or if ammo is extracted from inventory. But I agree they should be included if possible. Theme/lore-wise there's not exactly a reason Fallen is able to load things as disparate as a torch and an SMG other than "magic/voodoo/nexus shenanigans" so hopefully slings/bows will qualify as well.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
Fellis
Site Admin

Post by Fellis »

MrFrank wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:32 am I'm not sure what kind of slings the Nexus uses. Searching shows this thing, a more modern variant and this one.
-1 for not linking Jeorg crazy german slingshot man: https://youtu.be/BPQNMsnuI8U

oh the suggestion is fine too
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Fellis wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:55 am Jeorg crazy german slingshot man
Laughs in German
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
SignedName

Post by SignedName »

Slings have been known to use metal (lead) bullets before, so I guess it's excusable...
Kandarin

Re: Skill: Bond of the Mechanical reloads Slings

Post by Kandarin »

Sure. It'll be in the next patch.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes