Gameplay: Two men enter, one man leaves

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Riss

Gameplay: Two men enter, one man leaves

Post by Riss »

I think it would be nice to have a place where you can do live combat without requiring 60 Actions Per Minute. I suggest the creation of a location (colosseum, arena, Thunderdome) where the throttle is increased to 1 AP every 10 seconds. Speech is unaffected.

Further ideas ad variations:
  • A player can challenge another, and declare a time. Let's say Thursday at 1800. The challenged can accept and choose +/- 3 hours (so: 1500, 1800, or 2100). At that time they will be both forcibly summoned to the arena by a NPC DO, The Gamemaster. If at the end of a game tick they are both alive, the one with the highest percentage of hit points wins and the other will be killed by the DO.
  • The arena could have a random special location with significant modifiers for the challenge (jungle: -15% to hit, volcano: +4 ice soak...)
  • A won challenge brings renown to its faction
  • No morality shift in challenges (except for the NC :P )
  • Faction challenges with a bet on renown
  • Individual, team and faction tournaments (example: 3 vs 3, so small faction can challenge big ones) - preferably with The Gamemaster expansion
  • A challenge can be standard (every beneficial buff/pet will be removed before the match), no rules: come as you are or in strategic mode: an action every 30 seconds (or more, useful to coordinate larger challenges)
  • Leaderboards based on class, type (tank/mage), morality and general
Jayne Cobb | your doppelgänger | Rhialto the Marvellous | an eerie melody | the man who sold the world | Duncan Idaho

Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language.
Alkasyn

Re: Gameplay: Two men enter, one man leaves

Post by Alkasyn »

That'd be very interesting.
squib

Post by squib »

I fuggin' love this. +100

active combat these days sucks, and winning only proves that you click faster and don't stop to rp.
Stretch

Post by Stretch »

Yesss bring the cage matches!
roly

Post by roly »

hell yesh! Image
Attachments
NEXUSWAR.jpg
NEXUSWAR.jpg (54.35 KiB) Viewed 6056 times
Hypno,The Real Roly, Chessur and Drunk Uncle Roly.
Meric

Post by Meric »

Feral Clowder has long wanted to hold our fabled Vassal-Bowl. This would help loads.

I do like the idea of some sort of supported gladiator arena or similar. Even if it was super basic with supported spawns/teleports to the arena.
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)
oath2order

Post by oath2order »

This is something I've wanted for like, ever.
old-school member been here since like September 2014, I finally got my original start date.