Gameplay: Incense of Centering or Black Spellgem Refractions are evil actions

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
SaltedSalmon

Gameplay: Incense of Centering or Black Spellgem Refractions are evil actions

Post by SaltedSalmon »

If a Angel or Good-morality character uses either of those aformentioned items, they should take a heavy MO penalty.
Lore reason being that you're trying to trample your Elder Powers MO system, Gameplay reason being that those items otherwise make fighting Goods as a Good person more viable.
SharkyNebula

Re: Gameplay: Incense of Centering or Black Spellgem Refractions are evil actions

Post by SharkyNebula »

sanguine spellgem should be evil too since you're exploding a piece of blood magic made from someone's corpse and showering the area in a curtain of blood that makes everyone supernaturally angry
Carmilla

Re: Gameplay: Incense of Centering or Black Spellgem Refractions are evil actions

Post by Carmilla »

Fighting goods as a good person should be viable if you're trying to prove you're the goodest good around. Evils do it all the time and we will not be constrained by the double standards.
SharkyNebula

Post by SharkyNebula »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:36 pm If a Angel or Good-morality character uses either of those aformentioned items, they should take a heavy MO penalty.
Lore reason being that you're trying to trample your Elder Powers MO system, Gameplay reason being that those items otherwise make fighting Goods as a Good person more viable.
I disagree with incense of centering, it should be a neutral action. so if you're evil you should gain morality
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

SharkyNebula wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:30 pm I disagree with incense of centering, it should be a neutral action. so if you're evil you should gain morality
Neutral actions shouldn't exist, barring things done by Nexus Champions. They don't make lore sense.
Also I fail to see the gameplay reason for that.
SharkyNebula

Post by SharkyNebula »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:38 pm
SharkyNebula wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:30 pm I disagree with incense of centering, it should be a neutral action. so if you're evil you should gain morality
Neutral actions shouldn't exist, barring things done by Nexus Champions. They don't make lore sense.
Also I fail to see the gameplay reason for that.
Well, it's an Incense of Centering, an item made by a neutral class, so it should be a neutral action.