Skills: Nether Grafting Buff

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
SignedName

Skills: Nether Grafting Buff

Post by SignedName »

In addition to the mutation, Nether Grafting also replenishes the AP/MP/HP of the targeted pet (20 for random mutations, 40 for targeted ones). This will keep pet decay from being an issue while upgrading your pets, allow you to heal your Wrackwyrm for reduced cost, or let you lend a helping hand in maintaining a factionmate's petwall, giving the skill far more utility than it currently does (and also a reason to use the targeted mutations), justifying its 60CP pricetag.
Klapaucius

Re: Skills: Nether Grafting Buff

Post by Klapaucius »

IMO: full rejuv but it only for the WM's own pets. I think the skill could really use some selfish utility rather than more faction utility. Or something more like Stretch's suggestion.
SignedName

Post by SignedName »

The issue with full replenishment is that it allows you to replenish your Wrackwyrms to full for half the cost (and also it makes regular replenishment pointless).
Yukari

Post by Yukari »

I agree with the general intent. Having a mutation action also work as half a rejuv (or in that ballpark) would be great since it'd make it way less resource-intensive for the WM while still not being better than plain rejuvenating in every single way. Right now mutating means paying up a large upfront cost and kind of stalling the WM's actions for a bit (depending on the number of mutations/pets and availability of DH or SI). If you have a bad streak of deaths you gotta start over every time. With this skill being the WM's most noticeable power spike after MotP Hounds (and maybe Wyrm) it's a bit weary it being so expensive to get going (in terms of ap/mp).

I'm not sure I see a huge problem with a WM also partially rejuvving factionmates' pets with mutations. Perhaps it'd just cement their role as a mutation bot in a faction with a lot of petmasters :p
Stretch

Post by Stretch »

This would be great! Helps the WM mutate more, and mutated pets are more fun. I am still holding out for additional ability to mutate pets beyond existing options. :)
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

SignedName wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:35 am The issue with full replenishment is that it allows you to replenish your Wrackwyrms to full for half the cost (and also it makes regular replenishment pointless).
wrack isn't really a very competitive pet for the 30 mp, wheel's an infini-attacker that also full rejuvs on kill for -5 acc

but i think the whole mutate bit needs a serious redesign, no bandaid will fix a festering wound like that
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).