Unable to cast spell I own

Report bugs about the game itself here.
Chocodex

Unable to cast spell I own

Post by Chocodex »

On a specific character of mine clash.php?op=character&id=104760, I am unable to cast my custom spell. Whenever I cast it, it does nothing, and I get nothing in my message log. I am also unable to charge gems of the spell, as when I do, I am informed I can only charge gems of spells that I own. The spell in question is Echo: Great Wyrm's Icy Breath, which is a variant of Arctic Bolt.
Kandarin

Re: Unable to cast spell I own

Post by Kandarin »

Chocodex wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:42 am On a specific character of mine clash.php?op=character&id=104760, I am unable to cast my custom spell. Whenever I cast it, it does nothing, and I get nothing in my message log. I am also unable to charge gems of the spell, as when I do, I am informed I can only charge gems of spells that I own. The spell in question is Echo: Great Wyrm's Icy Breath, which is a variant of Arctic Bolt.
Looks like the bug here is caused by an interaction between an apostraphe in the spell name and some code where our usual method for solving the old apostraphe bugs wasn't consistently applied. I'm investigating a possible solution.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Chocodex

Re: Unable to cast spell I own

Post by Chocodex »

Tested this post update, I am now able to cast the spell and it works, but I still cannot charge a gem with the spell. I am informed upon weaving the spell into a gem and trying to charge it that I must know the spell in order to charge the gem.