Bat Rev cannot see invisible and hidden

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
SkullFace

Bat Rev cannot see invisible and hidden

Post by SkullFace »

As per recent update:
Solved a few issues related to hiding not interacting properly with invisibility.
As per screenshots below. Unable to find or see a presumably hidden and invis VW when using Shadow of the Bat.

Only found wood at the hiding site:
stoop1.jpg
stoop1.jpg (125.89 KiB) Viewed 6567 times
Went back and checked EOD:
stoop2.jpg
stoop2.jpg (129.05 KiB) Viewed 6567 times
Wassail

Re: Bat Rev cannot see invisible and hidden

Post by Wassail »

There's a special feature to that tile which I think explains this.
SkullFace

Post by SkullFace »

Care to enlighten? I'm not aware that fonts mess with searching?
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

That forest has an inside location
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
SkullFace

Post by SkullFace »

:lol:

Not a bug then :)
Weirdomen

Post by Weirdomen »

Reopening because maybe a bug, after all? (But not in the AotB skill?)
I had the same situation today with my rev Jackie.
She respawned after dying and set off to find her killer, which is again Stoopkid, as per the above report.
Jackie went to their location with Animus of the Bat (and also Enhanced Senses, I haven't bought it back yet since Animus had been fixed), I won't disclose it right now because they're still there - and it's the same situation as above, I think; an open tile with an inside location.
Jackie had searched outside, nothing. Went to the inside location, which is a spot that doesn't allow hiding, and where Jackie would've had 10% in searches, but "This place is all but ruins - nothing of value can be found here!".
So Jackie couldn't find Stoopkid neither outside, nor inside, and yet I have them as my killers in EoD, so I know they didn't move.
I think that something buggy is going on.
Can VWs hide in that inside location, where nobody can search for them?
Edit: possibly entering there while already being hidden with Adept of the Shadow?
In the case that at the moment search attempt in the inside location automatically return the "nothing of value" message, could they be set so that they roll for finding hidden characters first? Or maybe interrupt a VW's hiding in places that don't allow hiding, if this is the issue?
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Adept of the Shadow looks like a likely cause, yes
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Stoopkid

Post by Stoopkid »

I wouldn't call it a bug I see it as a feature of the skill and a small silver lining to being a VW in B5.
Weirdomen

Post by Weirdomen »

Stoopkid wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:17 pm I wouldn't call it a bug I see it as a feature of the skill and a small silver lining to being a VW in B5.
I agree that hiding where nobody else could hide can possibly be seen as a feature of the skill.
Not being found when my character has 10% search, because the system automatically returns "Nothing of value can be found here", is a bug IMHO.